Notices

Polish/Wax

Old 10-09-2016, 11:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

So, is this "pro grade", not available to the public, stuff available the the membership here?

If not, why bring it up?

If so, where do we get it?
Old 10-09-2016, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was the jist of my question earlier. My guess is we buy a quart, not a 5 gallon bucket... but maybe we're just not worthy. Lol
Old 10-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Driven Marine Polish last as long as anything I have tried. Easy to work with.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My uncle is in the auto body business. So I get pro 3m stuff or Meguiar's via his suppliers. The major difference from consumer products is the pro stuff is designed for use with pro buffer machines. The consumer products are fine on newer finishes. But older stuff the pro stuff brings it back to new better then regular consumer products.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Here it is fellas a direct link, by all means check it out.

http://psdetailproducts.com
Old 10-09-2016, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Funny that no one has mentioned Performance Boat Candy yet. Maybe I should be looking for a new product.

What product is recommended for washing the boat after applying the Ultracoat Paint Sealant? What about a quick detailer spray between waxes and how often??
Old 10-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach F100
Funny that no one has mentioned Performance Boat Candy yet. Maybe I should be looking for a new product.

What product is recommended for washing the boat after applying the Ultracoat Paint Sealant? What about a quick detailer spray between waxes and how often??
Yes use the spray every time you pull the boat out of the water and wipe down. Wax when scum lines don't easily wipe off with just your finger.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

May hit you up later in the week so you can assist me w/ putting an order together.

"AVATAR updated as you anticipated
Old 10-10-2016, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Zach F100

I tried their kit. Didn't work any better than plain ole Starbrite PTEF wax and Turtle Wax Detailer/Spray wax. Wasn't impressed enough to go out of my way and order it versus pick the other cheaper crap up at Wally World.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm not a pro. I don't have access to "pro" product. But I did take a tremendous amount of time in researching what product to use, how to apply, and how to extend results.

A painted boat with clear is just like a car. The clear gets bombarded with contaminants and gets swirl marks. No different than a car that needs paint restoration to restore the finish, remove swirl marks, and protect it from the elements. In short, there is a process that needs to be followed and there are a ton of great POLYMER products on the market. Here is what I bought and used. I was blown away with the quality, ease of application, and end result. Before anything, I clayed the entire boat from the chine to the deck. Yes, it took a long time. But now that it is done I'll be maintaining it and not having to go through the entire process in the spring.

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-swirl-kit.html

Collinite 845 is a great sealant. I was going to use it after I used the Wolfgang sealant as that is a process many use. Some people apply two coats of the Wolfgang sealant. I ended up only needing one and I was done but I do have a bottle of 845 on the shelf if I decide to give it a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.