Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Apollo Beach
Old 03-02-2017, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 620 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
what ever man,,knock your socks off.
Beak boat lovin commie democrat it's what's ima seein Ere.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Beak boat lovin commie democrat it's what's ima seein Ere.
I forgot.

Double stepped, notched transom Worshipper

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame

Shame
Old 03-02-2017, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
Wow, there threads in one!

1) Good to see all the offers of help in the Apollo Beach area, sounds like the OP has received some pics and an impartial opinion.

2) We haven't seen any contract, heard much about the conditions of the sale agreement or heard from the other party so most of us (myself included) will side with the OP. That's pretty normal.

3) I love Fountains but will concede Cigarettes are one of the best built offshore boats on the market. Sadly, new ones are way to expensive for my little pockets and on the used market, dollars per foot, they are still dearer than most competitors, even allowing for beaks and platforms.

RR

I'd be willing to bet that Nortech and Outerlimits is as good if not far beyond Cigarette these days in quality and innovation .
Old 03-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I'd be willing to bet that Nortech and Outerlimits is as good if not far beyond Cigarette these days in quality and innovation .
You're probably right, I don't know, that's why I said "one of the best built boats......"
Old 03-02-2017, 11:13 PM
Registered

You're probably right, I don't know, that's why I said "one of the best built boats......"
Soo you sold your Fountain after getting all that work done? What didn't you like about it and what next now?

Or just to expensive or inconvenient to own a boat over there?
Old 03-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 481 Posts

Ok, now we have four topics running on this thread......! Lol

Fountain was a terrific boat in every respect but I get bored. I go boating about once a month so it's a waste of money but that's boats. Resale here is awful, import/shipping costs are horrible and it takes 2 years to sell a boat and lose a bundle of money every time.

Next boat will be back to simple boating, probably a stock single inboard 25' and a selfish boat just for me to play with occasionally (don't care for freeloaders anymore) and probably cheaper, I'm getting tired of the losses! Back to basic boating the way I did 25 years ago.

Sorry OP, major thread fluck. I'll delete this if you want.

RR
Old 03-03-2017, 12:38 AM
Registered

Ok, now we have four topics running on this thread......! Lol

Fountain was a terrific boat in every respect but I get bored. I go boating about once a month so it's a waste of money but that's boats. Resale here is awful, import/shipping costs are horrible and it takes 2 years to sell a boat and lose a bundle of money every time.

Next boat will be back to simple boating, probably a stock single inboard 25' and a selfish boat just for me to play with occasionally (don't care for freeloaders anymore) and probably cheaper, I'm getting tired of the losses! Back to basic boating the way I did 25 years ago.

Sorry OP, major thread fluck. I'll delete this if you want.

RR
What are fuel costs a liter over there US. What about storage costs? Are they pretty limited .

Any halfway decent marinas over there that you could keep a live aboard boat at that would be reasonable to visit 90 days at a time to keep from having to become a Thai citizen to own property over there?
Old 03-03-2017, 12:45 AM
Registered

No thread hijack here.

Dan has been missing for days.

Probably with his new Redneck former Fountain owning friend suckin Pabst 24s discussion how the inch of glass ass worn off the forward keel area of his new boat makes the Beak soo much sleeker and will allow the boat to carry the bow soo much easier with the weight that has been eroded from it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.