Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Finally,My 39 Ocean Express Procharged Restor Build !!! >

Finally,My 39 Ocean Express Procharged Restor Build !!!

Notices

Finally,My 39 Ocean Express Procharged Restor Build !!!

Old 02-17-2018, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Finally,My 39 Ocean Express Procharged Restor Build !!!

I came to this site looking for information about offshore boats and to learn what boat I wanted to buy. I almost bought a American Offshore 31 but I upgraded to 39 foot ocean express.I like the ocean express because it has a cabin and a cockpit for 7 people and the hull is a little heavier than a skater and better is rough water than the american offshore, that lightweight skater hull make me worried about flipping at 130mph.I did not know that the ocean express had so much wood in the transom I think that is a big mistake they have making transoms with wood.

I got the boat in the summer of 2017 and the boat has been to 4 different repair shops some of you even saw me asking for suggestions on where to fix it.I finally after paying 23k to do a tune up and remove the engines and some wood in the transom have found a real shop to fix the transom with coosa boards for 11k, it will be stronger than before and never have this rot problem. I had many problems with repair shops stealing and telling lies now to change the transom after it is all over it has cost me 40 K for the F@#$@#g transom!! Better not to buy a boat with wood in the transom.!!!

They removed the transom
replace transom with coosa boards and fiberglass
installing merc #6 drives
replace stringers
sand and paint all engine room area with awlgrip blue

The build will have pictures but I need help on how to post the pictures.
I will need help with the engine build so I hope for good advice from the members here. I have 2 602 dart blocks being build now

602 block dart tall deck
Fuel injected , with holley ?
Prochargers not sure what model, trying for 1200 hp each side
ported and polished heads with iconel valves

etc etc
So how do i post pictures??
Old 02-17-2018, 08:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Sounds good but members here will want to see pics!
You can post them via a pic hosting site and link them here but I don't know how to do that (stupid me).

Easiest way is pay for a membership. It's dirt cheap and you'll get back the value in no time at all, plus it'll make this thread very user friendly.

RR
Old 02-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I would not do a transom in Coosa,, stringers and bulk heads sure, but not a transom, but to each their own, looking forward to seeing your build.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turbos230
I came to this site looking for information about offshore boats and to learn what boat I wanted to buy. I almost bought a American Offshore 31 but I upgraded to 39 foot ocean express.I like the ocean express because it has a cabin and a cockpit for 7 people and the hull is a little heavier than a skater and better is rough water than the american offshore, that lightweight skater hull make me worried about flipping at 130mph.I did not know that the ocean express had so much wood in the transom I think that is a big mistake they have making transoms with wood.

I got the boat in the summer of 2017 and the boat has been to 4 different repair shops some of you even saw me asking for suggestions on where to fix it.I finally after paying 23k to do a tune up and remove the engines and some wood in the transom have found a real shop to fix the transom with coosa boards for 11k, it will be stronger than before and never have this rot problem. I had many problems with repair shops stealing and telling lies now to change the transom after it is all over it has cost me 40 K for the F@#$@#g transom!! Better not to buy a boat with wood in the transom.!!!

They removed the transom
replace transom with coosa boards and fiberglass
installing merc #6 drives
replace stringers
sand and paint all engine room area with awlgrip blue

The build will have pictures but I need help on how to post the pictures.
I will need help with the engine build so I hope for good advice from the members here. I have 2 602 dart blocks being build now

602 block dart tall deck
Fuel injected , with holley ?
Prochargers not sure what model, trying for 1200 hp each side
ported and polished heads with iconel valves

etc etc
So how do i post pictures??
You could host your build here > Free Full Screen Photo Slideshows in 3 Easy Steps | FullScreenPhotos.com
They have a free account, not sure of size, they also have pay accounts.
Once you've uploaded and created your slideshow you can watch it on your computer or use the URL and post it almost anywhere.

Last edited by Nice Pair; 02-17-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Is this the boat that Brian Orlandi had?

Imgur is a good, free and easy to use photo hosting site that I use now.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wood is the best for transom and be careful with pro chargers in boats no low end hard to get on place and exspres are heavy boats my 3 cents wourth inflation
Old 02-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If you want the pics to stay stored on OSO FOREVER, you'll need to purchase a paid membership and you'll be able directly upload them to OSO.

If you use one of the photo hosting sites like lots of people have in the past and the host site changes their rules or start charging $$, your pics will disappear from OSO.
This happened to lots of peoples threads when photobucket started not allowing third party hosting and wanted to charge like $400/year for their service.
You may want to start the build thread in the Restorations and Upgrades Section
Old 02-18-2018, 07:29 PM
Registered

I am going to use the vent tubes to aerate the propellers , the tubes that go down by the propeller. I think it will have enough power to get on plane without to much problems.
It was a twin 800 hp roots blower at 120 mph with the arnesons now will be #6s with 1200 each side. now it will have about 50% more power

I know the pictures are very important that is something I have to do to make the build worth the time for everyone
Old 02-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
If you want the pics to stay stored on OSO FOREVER, you'll need to purchase a paid membership and you'll be able directly upload them to OSO.

If you use one of the photo hosting sites like lots of people have in the past and the host site changes their rules or start charging $$, your pics will disappear from OSO.
This happened to lots of peoples threads when photobucket started not allowing third party hosting and wanted to charge like $400/year for their service.
You may want to start the build thread in the Restorations and Upgrades Section
yes I will look to see about the paid membership if I can store the fotos there in storage. But I wanted to put this build here in the general area because this is the area I always visit and it seems to have a lot more traffic so that is more fun for the build to have many posts and more traffic
Old 02-18-2018, 08:47 PM
Registered

I tried imgur and it looks easy.I will post the links below and I hope the pictures appear, the pictures are of the transom repair

Last edited by turbos230; 02-18-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.