MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday >

MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Notices

MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Old 04-02-2018, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Back then there were not as many 60' + Wake makers on the water.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Back then there were not as many 60' + Wake makers on the water.
Agree,,, We all recognize that currently, 97% of the boats that leave the LOTO Shootout , go toward the 21 MM.
If the shootout was at a more central LOTO location , a substantial percentage of the boats would be going in each direction after the shootout and maybe the wake issue would be less of a problem.
On the other hand this would dissect the lake up, for the non shootout participants substantially.

If it was held at the 0 MM ( B Dam ) like the June Lake Race, it would be ideal for land spectators observations, dock space and have the least amount of impact on the rest of the lake during the 2 day event. At the end of the event a %age of boats would migrate up the Gravois arm and the rest down the main channel to there final destination.

The Dam would be the best place for Land Spectators and isolation from the rest of the lake, but over the past few years , Ron Dugan has spent alot of resources to develop the shootout out week at his location that should be congratulated. I have personally served on there committee for the shootout , and they actually have meetings for an entire year, and start immediately after the event for the following year. I do not believe they had any options for negotiating with the MSWP this year on this unilateral no wake zone issue.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

A 2 hour idle? Are they insane? Good luck with that attendance killing idea.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed. Ron and his staff have done a great job with the Shootout and I also think this decision is outside of their control. I think this is MSHP way of shutting it down or considerably scaling it back for one reason or another. Maybe they want next year's shootout shirt to be a 40 SeaRay because that is the best performance boat they will get to endure the no wake.

Last edited by Wilks; 04-02-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by ALL_IN!
Then we could just enter the race, so that we can leave and not adhere to the 'no wake' - whether we raced or not.

...maybe I should have kept that to myself.
I submitted my idea to the MSWP and part of the plan involves making at least 1 pass