MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Notices

MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Old 03-27-2018, 01:59 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 556 Likes on 265 Posts
Default MSHP Extends Lake of the Ozarks Shootout No-Wake Zone for Saturday

Time will tell if the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout spectator fleet is going to be affected by this year's extended idle-only zone that lasts for a few hours following Saturday's top-speed event.

https://speedonthewater.com/in-the-n...e-for-saturday
Old 03-27-2018, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Saw that on FB, not a fan at all.

Last year was pretty bad, stretching that out is just frustrating. Very Very Very long ride home from the shootout. Make you want to just run to Redhead Yacht club and just watch it while having beers in the pool
Old 03-27-2018, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was extended to mile marker # 2 near the DAM .
Old 03-28-2018, 12:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by 575cat
I thought it was extended to mile marker # 2 near the DAM .
21mm. Basically to RHYC cove.

It goes until 8pm. Sunset is at 7:41 so from 8:00 until 8:11 there is no speed limit and at 8:11 it becomes 30mph.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

Well that Suks AzZ
Old 03-28-2018, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was hoping to make my first ever trip to LOTO for the shootout this year. That's not going to happen now. I'm not going to spend thousands of dollars to pull my boat 10 hours out there just to idle around the whole time. Looks like I'll be watching the live stream again from my local party cove!!!
Old 03-28-2018, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Saw that on FB, not a fan at all.

Last year was pretty bad, stretching that out is just frustrating. Very Very Very long ride home from the shootout. Make you want to just run to Redhead Yacht club and just watch it while having beers in the pool
Camden had it on the big screen last year.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

I'll reiterate what I said last year on this topic - the event needs to change locations. Redhead/PBC needs to be the host and bring it back home near the old Shooter's 21 location. Nothing personal against Ron's.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 325 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by corey331
I was hoping to make my first ever trip to LOTO for the shootout this year. That's not going to happen now. I'm not going to spend thousands of dollars to pull my boat 10 hours out there just to idle around the whole time. Looks like I'll be watching the live stream again from my local party cove!!!
Our lake is 100 miles long, the no wake is about 10 miles of that path, The Majority of the bars and restaurants will not be effected by the no wake area. If you go early to the tie off for the races you are not effected, if you leave late from the area, you will not be effected. There are also bars and restaurants withing the effected area to stop and enjoy... Besides this only effects Saturday, the rest of the week is open.

Do not make the assumption this will ruin a trip... It just changes for those that feel the need to be at the tie off on Saturday. Quite honestly the most boring part of the event anyway... If the races are what you want to see, the TV coverage is way better anyway... JMHO.

Last edited by bajaholic; 03-28-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Updated: restrictions are ONLY for Saturday
Old 03-28-2018, 07:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bajaholic, you and your logic. What a drag. You’re really killing the “sky is falling” campaign.

You’d think they were draining the lake.

What did people expect to happen? As much as I’ve enjoyed the slop personally, as have other “offshore” boating enthusiasts here, it’s been a sh*t show for years. There’s typical summer weekend rough, and then there’s Post-Saturday Shootout rough. Folks can keep preaching about how main channel property owners (on a 1/2-ish mile wide lake) should suck it up or move, but that’s not a realistic solution, and the Water Patrol just proved it.

Last edited by Keytime; 03-28-2018 at 07:54 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.