Commentary: High-Performance Powerboating Isnít Dead

Notices

Commentary: High-Performance Powerboating Isnít Dead

Old 04-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,631 Likes on 1,177 Posts
Default Commentary: High-Performance Powerboating Isnít Dead

Claims of demise just donít hold up., https://www.offshoreonly.com/article...ting-isnt-dead.

From the OSO home page.

Last edited by Cash Bar; 04-10-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Non-editorís note: Matt is currently saving up all his Rs for the upcoming National Talk Like a Pirate Day, hence the intentional misspelling of ďcommentaRyĒ
Old 04-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,631 Likes on 1,177 Posts
Default Commentary: Offshore Racing Isnít Dead

Originally Posted by Speedracer29
Non-editorís note: Matt is currently saving up all his Rs for the upcoming National Talk Like a Pirate Day, hence the intentional misspelling of ďcommentaRyĒ
Oh crap! Thanks.

Can I borrow an R?
Old 04-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Oh crap! Thanks.

Can I borrow an R?
I really canít spare any Rs, Matt. Iím trying to get to 400... I hear once I get 400Rs, my boat will be much faster.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 773 Likes on 219 Posts

Great article Matt! I couldn't agree more that the performance boat scene is the strongest I've seen it since it's decline along with the economy in 2007. Skater can't build boats fast enough to keep up with customer demand right now, and Boat Customs shop is full in every corner with 30' - 50' offshore boats getting big $$$ makeovers. Obviously Mercury Racing is selling all they can produce of the 400Rs - they were at a 13 week backlog when my 400Rs were ordered at the beginning of February. The performance cat market is strong enough for Mystic to jump back into it (as well as Fountain), and the performance center console market is completely insane from what I saw at the Miami show. Anyone saying that performance boating is dead is obviously not involved with it any more, and they must also not be connected to the internet either.......
Old 04-10-2018, 08:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skater30
and Boat Customs shop is full in every corner with 30' - 50' offshore boats getting big $$$ makeovers.
My new boat is there getting a makeover. Your right, Chris's shop is jam packed with projects. I also went to Skater last week to pick up my engines and I can't believe the amount of boats in production there right now. I'd say performance boating is at a peak right now. There's very little inventory in the classifieds compared to 7-8 years ago.