Notices

Shootout results

Old 08-30-2018, 01:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newmansautobody
I ran for the first time, in my 20 year old boat. Just wanted to see what it was like and be part of it. Figured it was towards a good cause and just for fun anyways. There are a lot of classes, but I get a plaque for winning my class, so it will go on a wall somewhere. I think more people should do it. I have a 29 Fountain with twin 454's ran 83 first run and 90 on the second. Probably not exciting to watch, but i'm glad I did it. Course seems a lot smaller when you're actually running down it in front of a bunch of people!
Good job! What power-adder are you running?

I won NV2S2B 7 times in my Stock Checkmate and always wondered why a stock 29’ Fountain never showed up.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Small Prochargers. I'm glad I did 2 runs since. I would not have been happy with 83 knowing that the boat will do 91.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:07 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C
Bup, we needed to see that bad boy Lavey run!
Been thinking about it for next year. Just got off the phone with Dave from Laveycraft actually about an hour ago talking over some stuff for all of us.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:14 PM
BUP
Banned

What impressed me more than anything was the guy in the 1989 24 ft Sunny. Actually that boat was so stable every pass down the course -- not even one bob or lean thru out all runs. Is that guy up here ?? and who was he ? Give him a chit load credit and with a 30 year old boat old school everything. The heck with those million dollar boats.

funny thing about that, Teague comments during the Sunny 24 runs ----- he said heck I did not even know that sunny was around in 1989. You can almost hear his thinking to him self ---- is that really a 1989 Sunny ?
Old 08-30-2018, 11:16 PM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by FunHome
Big Thunder ran their Demo 38ft Fountain I/O in the Shootout this year.
You run down there every year --- Ill give you alot of credit as well. Keep up the good work at LOTO.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:28 PM
BUP
Banned

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
The highest boat # was 110, I counted 12 PWC’s, so 98 boats paid ( got a #) not all ran though, I counted 18 that didn’t., so 80 that actually made at least 1 pass
one boat made 10 or 11 passes - Randy S - kid . then the deck boat every year makes about 8 passes. George Ogden Deck boat twin Teague power with SCX -- Tony with his 35 DCB makes alot of runs as well -- every year.. Heck 3 boats thats half the day worth of runs right there with just those 3

So are you saying that there was 68 boats and 12 jet skis that ran or 80 boats and 12 jetskis than ran ? Just asking
Old 08-31-2018, 01:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUP
What impressed me more than anything was the guy in the 1989 24 ft Sunny. Actually that boat was so stable every pass down the course -- not even one bob or lean thru out all runs. Is that guy up here ?? and who was he ? Give him a chit load credit and with a 30 year old boat old school everything. The heck with those million dollar boats.

funny thing about that, Teague comments during the Sunny 24 runs ----- he said heck I did not even know that sunny was around in 1989. You can almost hear his thinking to him self ---- is that really a 1989 Sunny ?
Agreed! That Sunny was set up!

That Tuff 28 ran great, too. Really impressive.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Yep, too many classes. What's the one where the winner ran 25 mph? Canoes? lol
Electric, 80 hp outboard.