Notices

Bad azz! F1/Cig ad

Old 10-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 69 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Bad azz! F1/Cig ad

F1 in Miami would be insane. And I'm not even a huge F1 fan. But I'd love to be there for that.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Its on my bucket list, they were just in Austin...........cool video
Old 10-25-2018, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
Its on my bucket list, they were just in Austin...........cool video
Yea, but in Miami?! That **** would be epic!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I follow F1 and to those of you who can't be dragged away from Indy or NASCAR, it really is worth it just to see one race before making a final decision.

Street races are generally less exciting than a dedicated track race because there's usually less overtaking opportunities and they can be a bit of a procession. However, if you are familiar with the streets and the area, they are a great spectacle. I don't know Miami and that video looks a bit far fetched in terms of a circuit but if they can create a circuit through the streets and a bit of waterfront, you should be hoping they include Miami in coming years. Looks amazing.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 10-25-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I read about it.
Ive been following F-1 forever. Their technology is more advanced than NASA.

Theyre currently running a dumb ass hybrid configuration of a turbo v-6 w/a 160 hp elec motor.
Theyre claiming a combined 1000 hp so that means their tiny 1 liter motor is making 840 hp!
Tolerances are so tight on the motors they have to run warmed oil through it before starting.
Before they screwed up the motor rules they were running v-8’s that turned 24,000 rpm!
Almost everything is carbon fiber including the suspension components.

The last few yrs have been pretty lame but an American co. just bought them are making changes.

They used to have an IMSA race in Miami back in the ‘80’s.
They had a one yr deal on the table but are now working on a 10 yr contract.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic View Post
I read about it.
Ive been following F-1 forever. Their technology is more advanced than NASA.

Theyre currently running a dumb ass hybrid configuration of a turbo v-6 w/a 160 hp elec motor.
Theyre claiming a combined 1000 hp so that means their tiny 1 liter motor is making 840 hp!
Tolerances are so tight on the motors they have to run warmed oil through it before starting.
Before they screwed up the motor rules they were running v-8’s that turned 24,000 rpm!
Almost everything is carbon fiber including the suspension components.

The last few yrs have been pretty lame but an American co. just bought them are making changes.

They used to have an IMSA race in Miami back in the ‘80’s.
They had a one yr deal on the table but are now working on a 10 yr contract.
What's with the funky new "windshield" on the new cars? Seems like it would diminish view. Is it some type of safety roll cage type thing?
Old 10-26-2018, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we so excited about Cigarettes involvement that we're not questioning the new power that reminds me of a 5.7L 260 I had years ago? With all the effort to capture the F1 sound, we can't get Merc Turbos at 6k in the back ground?

Cool nonetheless.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks like they left the ladder down........
Old 10-26-2018, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm a massive F1 fan. Haven't missed a race live since 1999. Me and the family just got back from Austin after going down there for the 1 US race. Miami would definitely be cool.

Technology is unreal. Truly unreal. 1,000HP out of 1.6L V6's and the motors have to last 7-8 races. Electric power generation through both kinetic energy capture and turbo charger heat. Aerodynamic Engineering well beyond anything any of us pea brains can imagine.

New "windshield" is actually just a carbon fiber Halo designed to protect the driver. Lots of pissing and moaning about it by fans but it was one of those things that you got used to after about 10 minutes. The structure has to be strong enough to support the weight of one of those Double Decker English buses.
Old 10-26-2018, 10:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

That 'halo' structure possibly save the life of a driver a couple of months ago. Had a big crash where Alonso, in the orange car, was pushed over the top of Le Clerc, in a white car and the halo sustained damage but didn't fail. Without the halo, the driver's head/helmet would have taken the full impact.

Le Clerc later admitted that he was not previously a fan of the new regulations requiring a halo but he is now. He believes it saved his life.

Here's the halo after the accident

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 10-26-2018 at 10:29 AM.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser