Why choose a center console?

Notices

Why choose a center console?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
..NOTHING LIKE THE SOUND OF BIG BLOCKS AGAINST A RESTAURANT DOCKS ....
That is one of the great joys of big blocks!!

I certainly understand the appeal of CC's, especially from a clean up and ease of use perspective. The reality is 5 people in my cafe is tight hanging out when we are anchored if a couple of us aren't in the water. With our family being a family of 4 it becomes hard to invite another family along without being cramped, and adding another 7 or 11 feet as it may be doesn't even solve the problem - same cockpit layout and size constraints (in the CIG lineup). But for now, I'm in my 30's, don't mind being in the bilge on occasion and am going to hopefully spend a few more decades with Big Blocks.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy

That is one of the great joys of big blocks!!

I certainly understand the appeal of CC's, especially from a clean up and ease of use perspective. The reality is 5 people in my cafe is tight hanging out when we are anchored if a couple of us aren't in the water. With our family being a family of 4 it becomes hard to invite another family along without being cramped, and adding another 7 or 11 feet as it may be doesn't even solve the problem - same cockpit layout and size constraints (in the CIG lineup). But for now, I'm in my 30's, don't mind being in the bilge on occasion and am going to hopefully spend a few more decades with Big Blocks.
At least you don’t have to worry about your legs getting sunburnt.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

One guy missing......he must be snappin the cheese...
Old 02-13-2019, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
One guy missing......he must be snappin the cheese...

Old 02-13-2019, 10:24 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker

I've had 20-25+ people on a Top Gun during the Miami Boat Show running around Miami and South Beach. Now THAT was crowded.
Oh yeah, it was a night so no sun concerns, and good thing too, as the Aqua Cops never hassled me after dark! (I averaged getting pulled over 2-3x a day.)
I venture to say only a few folks on this forum know how to get a go-fast on plane with an additional ~3500 lbs. of "cargo" aboard.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 02-13-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by payuppsucker

And you've got the Horsepower to tote them all around!!
Old 02-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm going CC because after 27 years in performance boats I'm just done with the compromises and fuss.

I'm a big guy, now in my mid-fifties.
I'm done with climbing, crawling, jumping, stooping, no floor space, lack of storage and versatile seating, I/O's, maintenance, fuel economy, the list goes on...
It was a good time, and times I'll never forget, but also time to move on...

Don't want a cruiser as I really have no interest in staying aboard 20 mins from my house at the marina, as nice as it is.
Don't want a cruiser as they are zero fun to operate in relation to almost anything else
If I ever did get the bug to overnight or do a little destination cruising, nice used FW 90's sea Ray 27/29/30 even the original 310's are all easily had under 20K and are plentiful.

Don't want to sit on the floor in a big bowrider or any of the admittedly nice variations of that dayboat theme.
Don't want a traditional framed glass windshield
Don't want to be limited to a narrow center walk to the bow

I want a high quality "soap and water" boat with immense floorspace, outboards that are quiet and economical with a long lifespan
I want to sit up high off the deck in high quality seating, not have to take my boat shoes or sandals off if I don't feel like it, is easy to get to 360* around the boat, on and on and on..."ease of use" "low maintenance" "versatile" top priorities

Something that runs 50+MPH, gets 3 MPG at a lazy 30 MPH cruise, has a big tank equaling 400+ miles of range, ridiculous storage space, huge enclosed head, LeBroc captains chairs, big long bow loungers with backrests, the largest most well though-out T-top in the production boat segment, excellent construction and high quality rigging, big beamy rough water hull with a deep far-forward entry and some flare...
that the manufacturer has a great reputation for after-sale care and is willing to accommodate a few reasonable custom requests in the build...

I have a 10 year old who boats with me, who as miffed as she was about selling the 353 (and she still hassles me about that 18 mo. later) is going to love how fun and easy this is going to be for both of us.

She has done all the research and road-trips with me looking for the right CC for us.
We found the product and the dealer who has been exceptional thus far in every respect including pricing.

We may even fly down for a couple days to see our boat in build and take the plant tour.

Our new boat was ordered yesterday.

Last edited by Rippem; 02-13-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2019, 10:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I can go along with everything you say. My little Donzi is a bit of fun for an hour and then it's just useless for all the above ^^ reasons.

You forgot to tell us what you've ordered.....?
Congrats!

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 02-13-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:21 AM
Registered

That was my next question as well RR
Old 02-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Cobia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.