Notices

Myco trailer

Old 06-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Not going to lie, there are definitely some concerning pictures posted on here for sure. We have 5 Mycos currently (2007, 2010, 2012, 2016, and 2018) with I would guess 40,000+ miles between them and have not seen any of these issues. These pictures on here will definitely have me keeping a close eye on the welds. Especially on our cruiser trailer, as the gross weight of boat and trailer is around 20,000 lbs and we trailer it all over the place.

I do like some of the reinforcing that Broward is doing to prevent these issues.
Agree, we have owned three new Myco's with zero issues. After reading this thread I actually called Myco and feel much better.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Agree, we have owned three new Myco's with zero issues. After reading this thread I actually called Myco and feel much better.
What was their response? I have a new Myco coming under my new 32 Doug Wright and having spoken with them about several things I wanted on the trailer, both of which were messed up, I have a pretty bad opinion of the people working there....
Old 06-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NWfreerider
What was their response? I have a new Myco coming under my new 32 Doug Wright and having spoken with them about several things I wanted on the trailer, both of which were messed up, I have a pretty bad opinion of the people working there....
They were pretty cool about my questions and provided informative answers when I hung up I was comfortable. The other two Myco's we owned were perfect trailers never had an issue. When I needed touch paint or paint codes customer service was very responsive.

Again, not questioning others haven't had problems, clearly they have. Just sharing my experience
Old 06-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Like with any forum, this is a focused based website. I'm sure Myco has thousands of trailers out there for the few failures that have been shown here. I'm in the fab business and sooner or later aluminum will fatigue and break. It's not if, it's when. My trailer probably has 50 or 60 thousand miles on it since 2014 so mine gets used more than most. One thing I found out last year is Myco doesn't use off the shelf axles, they spec their own axles. If you need parts, I recommend going to Myco and not a website for parts so you get the right stuff the first time.
The following users liked this post:
teebee9320 (11-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Like with any forum, this is a focused based website. I'm sure Myco has thousands of trailers out there for the few failures that have been shown here. I'm in the fab business and sooner or later aluminum will fatigue and break. It's not if, it's when. My trailer probably has 50 or 60 thousand miles on it since 2014 so mine gets used more than most. One thing I found out last year is Myco doesn't use off the shelf axles, they spec their own axles. If you need parts, I recommend going to Myco and not a website for parts so you get the right stuff the first time.
I found that out trying to replace my springs. Hubs, and brakes I was able to buy but not the springs, nice thing is I called and they knew exactly what I needed even though my trailer was made in 1999/2000.
Old 09-26-2020, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Looks like the cross beam cracked like mine but split downward, mine was only by the axles,guess the weight bouncing,They said ad gusset/brace to not flex in the center of C,ive got a the pdf. bet its from the long nose,weight making it bounce down the road, flexing in that span, or maybe it the weld.

Browards pick cross beams are n the bottom of the side channel,

Rob

I am experiencing the exact same issue on my 2008 under a 47 Fountain. All three crossmembers near the axles are cracked exactly like yours. I also have 2 of them splitting at the Vee, like the OPs.

Any chance you could share the .pdf? Just found it yesterday on my pre trip...I'd say my season is over

Now to find a place near central ohio to fix it.

Last edited by RT930turbo; 09-26-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

try these, my guy added another brace, ill see if i can find a pik, I had them build it up on the outside, i sanded it down so you can not tell/see it. also redid the the hole trailer, sanded down to 500gt, and with a little polishing too

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Myco Cross022C.pdf (279.7 KB, 63 views)
Myco Gusset Cross022B.pdf (278.6 KB, 69 views)
TRAILER FIX.pdf (13.9 KB, 60 views)

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
try these, my guy added another brace, ill see if i can find a pik, I had them build it up on the outside, i sanded it down so you can not tell/see it. also redid the the hole trailer, sanded down to 500gt, and with a little polishing too

Thanks a million, Rob! Trailer looks great, not that I'd expect anything less from one of your rigs.