Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Notices

Canceling Velocity Arneson Build Due To No Arneson Parts, NEED HELP

Old 06-26-2019, 01:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by hotstang46
Thanks man, appreciate the kind words. I actually sold the boat back when I decided to cancel the build. Not being on the water with my family was making me sick so the quickest way to get back was to just take my loss and buy a different boat (4300 nortech). The owner I bought the velocity from actually bought it back from me and is putting imco SCx's on it with 1000 horse blower motors I believe. I absolutely lost my you know what on this, makes me sick.
Not trying to rub salt in this wound but I told you to do that on your other thread... and believe me I'm no fan of a crappy people in the marine industry..
Old 06-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apache brave 28
You are not alone. I to am fighting for my deposit back as well same lies that you got. Deposit on 2/25/19 said 6 to 8 weeks lead time. Canceled order on 5/31/19. Tells me he does not have the money.
Sending PM

Chris
Old 06-26-2019, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Following
Old 06-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
It sucks that you have to go thru this, I too have been dealing with a "Drive guy" that is not responsive, and when he does respond, it was very frustrating. I just and went and picked up my drive.....
Who?
Old 06-26-2019, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Hotstang,

Sorry about this at least the old owner bought it back and is now a two 39 Velocity owner.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Wow that sucks!
Old 06-26-2019, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry for your loss. At 51 I am old enough to remember when a mans word was his bond. A 10 year friendship thrown away over money. I have met some of the nicest people in the boating community. I have also met more crooks than I would have imagined in the marine business in the past 20+ years. The amount of money we spend on our hobby must make an attractive target for scammers.
I was looking forward to seeing your Velocity this summer at Norman. I hope Rik does the right thing but............................. Enjoy your Nortech.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Sorry for your loss. At 51 I am old enough to remember when a mans word was his bond. A 10 year friendship thrown away over money. I have met some of the nicest people in the boating community. I have also met more crooks than I would have imagined in the marine business in the past 20+ years. The amount of money we spend on our hobby must make an attractive target for scammers.
I was looking forward to seeing your Velocity this summer at Norman. I hope Rik does the right thing but............................. Enjoy your Nortech.
Thank you for the very kind words. Couldn't be anymore on point. The very fact that we have done business starting ten years ago and have had such a great relationship played VERY heavily on why I went Arneson in the first place. I knew the #6 might be a slightly better set up but knowing Rik would go above and beyond to help me get set up right was the decision maker for me. I don't know what he has going on but there is no excuse to treat people this way.

What a shame..... I know first hand he has been helpful to so many people over the years.

People and business's make mistakes. Hopefully this is just that and he resolves it
Old 06-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Sorry for your trouble. I was excited and looking forward to the build. I can only imagine how you feel.

Padraig
Old 06-26-2019, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
I have never met Rik but I have dealt with him enough to know he’s not a straight out crook.
Rik is very knowledgeable and has helped me out tremendously but......
I think he has made some bad decisions and as my Pa used to say, “the chickens have come home to roost”
it is very unfortunate for most of all Chris, but also for Rik and the entire sport.
Rik, you need to man up and make this sh!t right no matter what it takes brother.

Last edited by payuppsucker; 06-26-2019 at 05:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.