Cigarette Marauder 50 or Outerlimits SL50

Notices

Cigarette Marauder 50 or Outerlimits SL50

Old 02-21-2020, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Bostonirish
also there’s a 52 sl
He’s saying the Outerlimits isn’t a real 50ft running surface as shown by the picture of the huge bustle. I could be wrong but the biggest true non bustled bottom OL ever had was a 47..... So in theory the 50 marauder has a longer true running surface than any OL. Same as when the 31 Excalibur magically became a 35 Fountain with a beak and swim platform...
Old 02-22-2020, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
The lines and proportions of the late marauders are just perfect. They revised them to get this right.

The SLs deck length and height, and bustled rear are all wrong in comparison. I like the SV a lot better.

I agree, I dig the SV50...I think it’s the sharpest big vee currently being built, now if they could only fill in the void created by the drive awning and get the jewelry at the rear out where it can be seen

Old 02-22-2020, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 836 Likes on 355 Posts

I think the bustle is a great feature. I don’t own a OL, but we do a lot of hanging out at the back of the boat, and it’s nice to not have to worry so much about the sharps hanging out so far. Something I’ve always thought about. Ascetically it makes the boat more streamlined where the back of the boat almost seems to end just above the water line.

Last edited by IGetWet; 02-22-2020 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:50 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Both cool boats but when comparing used, if value is at all important, then it's really going to come down to just that. We would need full details on each used boat to help you figure out which is a better value.

Where do you plan on running? What type of events? Cruise speed and top speed expectations. I have so many questions would be so much easier over the phone lol.

Cost of ownership will be huge if you plan on using it much. Also downtime during repairs and routine maintenance like engine freshening seems to always take longer than expected. Just some things to consider when selecting used.

My first advice when buying a FAST offshore boat is get a sitdown. Standing up is like kissing your cousin! Its just so wrong especially when going over 100. Sit down with a wrap around windshield feels oh so right. Do you drive a Ferrari standing up? What about making a suburban into a ZR1 so you have more "cabin" space? There's always a compromise and the larger the cabin the worse the boat runs. So if performance is truly your thing look seriously into sitting down.

With that being said I'm a HUGE Cigarette fan, overall they just are the best. I would take a Cig over an SL anyday.

Have you considered any other brands? That Adrenaline Is an pretty AMAZING boat.

Please keep us updated! I'm just thankful you are not buying a LAME Center Console

Last edited by offshorexcursion; 02-22-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 224 Likes on 129 Posts

Darr ruined bussles for me. the fountain super v race boats look pretty sexy without them

Old 02-22-2020, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 572 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Darr ruined bussles for me. the fountain super v race boats look pretty sexy without them

SV fountains got the transoms chopped and narrowed, as they found speed everytime they made it smaller
Old 02-22-2020, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Buying used, you will have a small sample of each to choose from. Consider also when you want to sell it the market can be tough:

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...-s-o12878.html
Page Views: 70637
Date Added: 10/20/2006
Last Updated: 02/20/202
The following users liked this post:
H20W8STER (05-01-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 07:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 776 Likes on 354 Posts

I'm a CIG guy but nobody can deny that OL that JaayTee posted looks good. A lot of the OL's are too wild for my tastes - the paint is just gaudy sometimes. The beauty of CIG is that you can call them anytime you want and order a $150 towel which your kids will immediately get Gatorade on, or a medium Pink shirt because that's all they have in stock.....
Old 02-22-2020, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,132 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Buying used, you will have a small sample of each to choose from. Consider also when you want to sell it the market can be tough:

https://www.offshoreonly.com/classif...-s-o12878.html
Page Views: 70637
Date Added: 10/20/2006
Last Updated: 02/20/202
There may be a bit more to that story.......
Date added was 2006 but the boat wasn't built until 2008????
Might have used an old ad and updated with a newer boat? Certainly needs an explanation.

RR

Old 02-22-2020, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 895 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I'm a CIG guy but nobody can deny that OL that JaayTee posted looks good. A lot of the OL's are too wild for my tastes - the paint is just gaudy sometimes. The beauty of CIG is that you can call them anytime you want and order a $150 towel which your kids will immediately get Gatorade on, or a medium Pink shirt because that's all they have in stock.....
Cig should really should capitalize on that logo apparel. No argument it is likely the most well known brand in the performance boat category (cigarette boat is like calling every soda a coke, every tissue a kleenex......proprietary eponyms). Not everyone will buy a boat but they likely can afford a t-shirt/hat/towel. Look at what Harley sells, literally EVERYTHING they can print a logo on. I can see Skip not wanting to bother with small items, the hassle of tracking/selling/shipping but he should partner with a vendor that does that stuff and just collect a royalty or hire a marketing kid out of college to run the apparel division. If they sell 1000 shirts at $25 and 1000 hats at $20 that is $45,000 (gross). Could they sell 20 shirts a week, 20 hats a week. Probably. They used to sell a decent amount of stuff at the Miami show when they were in the convention center.

On the ugly paint, OL did have a run of "whew what were they thinking" but all manufacturers have done bad paint. Cig has had plenty, bad theme boats (spiderman, stealth and weird boats like the pink 38 w/496s) but keep in mind most of this stuff was ordered and picked by the first owner/ ordering dealer. Not sure who started the OUTERLIMITS written down the side in 3 ft letters but that is garish. Running it down the deck seems ok, but the hullsides is over the top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.