Notices

manning marine

Old 07-28-2020, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't understand how she operates the office and Matt doesn't answer his phone either but they do build a nice trailer. I picked up 3 trailers from them last week-called at 8 a.m. and left a message that I was 4 hours out and to please have the paperwork ready to go. I got there, trailers were perfect as we ordered but no paperwork and had to wait lol...
Bottom line is they are good people and build a nice product.

Joe

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (07-30-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SABER28 View Post
my shops in zeeland, so its 30 minutes away and we are super busy. just answering the phone seems like business 101. not returning two phone messages is even worse.

and i dont have a facebook account.

I'm not really defending them, because you're 100% correct.

However, having said that, I called them last week after a pair of emails went unanswered and when "Ma" answered she was in the shop - sounded like she was working on a grinder (she does, I've seen it) - and she had to put me on hold and get somewhere where she could hear me.

I was trying to find out the brand of oil bath hubs they're using because I'm ready to replace mine and want to make sure I don't buy the same brand again...I don't have 500 miles on my new Manning trailer and I'm on seal number 3. I'm still waiting on the answer to my question lol

I think like just about everyone else in retail and/or manufacturing they're a bit overwhelmed right now. I still need an answer, but I'm only 4 miles from them and I'm so busy at work I can't get the time to get to them, either....so I kinda get it.

But....my issue isn't nearly as important as a bent spindle keeping me from going boating either, so I'd no doubt be far less patient if my situation was a bit different.

Weird times...I'd say keep trying Matt or have someone with a facebook acct tag them ( I thought I was the last person on the planet with no FB acct)

Good luck

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

ok, after four more phone calls ( no voicemails) i finally got a hold of someone who sounded like my grandma. i told her my issue and the fact that no one was returning my calls and she assured me that she would tell matt and make sure i got a phone call back that day. well that was WEDNESDAY and still no one has called me back!

my shop is overwhelmed too, i'm looking at double our normal turn around time , but i still answer my damn phone. NO ONE is that busy that they cant sit and return phone calls unless they just dont give a SCHITT.

i know that this will upset the fanboys here but my experience with them has been poor at best, i have the first aluminum trailer they built, well actually now the second because the first one was so poorly built that they actually took it back and started over.

anyone know where the axles are made? at this point i really dont want to deal with them again.
Indy (08-01-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts

Probably Dexter? Who knows who they used that long ago.
CT River Baja (08-01-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

No excuse for piss poor service and this isn't the first thread about the lack of professionalism.
That being said, it only takes about 10 mins to measure your spindle and go on eBay and have one shipped to your door. Probably Dexter as mentioned earlier. Grandville trailer probably has what you need.
CT River Baja (08-01-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
No excuse for piss poor service and this isn't the first thread about the lack of professionalism.
That being said, it only takes about 10 mins to measure your spindle and go on eBay and have one shipped to your door. Probably Dexter as mentioned earlier. Grandville trailer probably has what you need.
thanks, didnt even think about them. he is a customer of mine too.

i dont get it, my shop policy is to return all calls the SAME day. how the fuk do you run a business like this?
The following 2 users liked this post by SABER28:
ICDEDPPL (08-02-2020), Indy (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 42 Posts

i dont get it, my shop policy is to return all calls the SAME day. how the fuk do you run a business like this?
Pretty easy apparently. From the reviews and comments on most of the Manning threads on here they build a quality trailer for a fraction of the price of other trailer builders. It seems like 99% of their customers would recommend them. They (customers) understand that the communication of the mom and pop business is lacking, but still produce a quality build in a timely manner. To keep costs low they have to sacrifice in another area. That area appears to be extra manpower to man the phones. It's like the old adage; horsepower, reliability, cost. Pick 2.
jus roamn (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 102 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
Pretty easy apparently. From the reviews and comments on most of the Manning threads on here they build a quality trailer for a fraction of the price of other trailer builders. It seems like 99% of their customers would recommend them. They (customers) understand that the communication of the mom and pop business is lacking, but still produce a quality build in a timely manner. To keep costs low they have to sacrifice in another area. That area appears to be extra manpower to man the phones. It's like the old adage; horsepower, reliability, cost. Pick 2.
Answer the friggin phone or at least return calls before end of the day...how is that so hard? Do all these people coming on here defending the lack of a BASIC business principle run their business the same way? Is this the new business paradigm? Good grief...I've seen it all now. I've seen boat/engine manufacturers get skewered on here for doing the same thing, people have lives to run, moneys to shuffle around, plans to make, just communicate...geez.
The following 2 users liked this post by Indy:
boatnt (08-01-2020), ICDEDPPL (08-02-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, after four more phone calls ( no voicemails) i finally got a hold of someone who sounded like my grandma. i told her my issue and the fact that no one was returning my calls and she assured me that she would tell matt and make sure i got a phone call back that day. well that was WEDNESDAY and still no one has called me back!

my shop is overwhelmed too, i'm looking at double our normal turn around time , but i still answer my damn phone. NO ONE is that busy that they cant sit and return phone calls unless they just dont give a SCHITT.

i know that this will upset the fanboys here but my experience with them has been poor at best, i have the first aluminum trailer they built, well actually now the second because the first one was so poorly built that they actually took it back and started over.

anyone know where the axles are made? at this point i really dont want to deal with them again.

I got nuthin'. Pretty hard to argue with anything you're saying & I'm still waiting on a call back for over a week as well. There's nothing worse than a customer who's mad who's also right.

I've been a somewhat vocal supporter of Manning although I wouldn't consider myself a "fanboy"; most of my comments were in response to that insufferably egotistical ass-hat from Broward who tried to hijack a Manning thread and turn it in to 1 big promo for his business. In hindsight, they were obviously in financial trouble so maybe he was just desperate ? I gotta give him a bit of a pass. I still don't like how he went about it, but I understand it. Desperate times = desperate people.

For me, Manning is a very local, small business with a more than competitively priced product, and they're a block from a brewery. Win.

I rarely post a negative review of anything; I dislike airing dirty laundry in the court of social media but I have an issue with my new trailer (besides the seal - that's not their fault) that their first "fix" didn't correct.

In all fairness, circumstances haven't been favorable for them to have much of an opportunity to correct it, it's not fair to pitch a ***** when they haven't had the chance to fix it.

On the other hand, they are aware of it, and they haven't been proactive about reaching out to correct it, either, and it's NOT a minor issue.

I plan on stopping to see them in person soon and getting a plan together because while I'll go back and forth to Grand Haven with it, I won't haul to LOTO or back to Long Beach with it until it's corrected....and that's why I had them build me a new gooseneck trailer in the first place.

At this point I'd still consider them for my next trailer, but it's no longer an "automatic", which is a shame.

I had them build me a big hydraulic lift for the boat which has been flawless and is built like a brick sh*thouse...no complaints at all and Manning used a local company for the hydraulics - who are great to deal with - so another win.

Good Luck

d

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought a new Myco last year and it arrived with more then a few disappointments from what I had ordered. So when we decided to order 3 trailers for our 32 Doug Wrights being built, I wasn't going to participate with Myco again (it was that bad, and very expensive). We had a chance to see one of the trailers that Manning did for another of Doug's customers, studied it and wrote down a list of upgrades that we wanted along with some slight measurement changes. As I stated above, once we got in touch with Matt, he was very accommodating, the price was fair, and the end product is great.

I bought a tri-toon to keep at our place at LOTO and thought that I would just call Matt and have him do a trailer for it as well because our group purchase turned out to be everything that we were told. No answer, No return call-repeat, repeat, repeat until I knew that I was going to be up against my time limitation "planned on picking it up on my way up for the shootout". So I went back to another West Michigan guy that I have done several transactions with (Rod Boertman) at Integrity trailers in Nunica. I told him what I want exactly (10" alum. C channel) and that I needed it in 6 weeks (two weeks from today I am picking it up). He told me it would be done and that is the way mid-west customer service should be. If anyone needs a trailer built to your specs., parts, or service I can recommend him 100%

Joe

Last edited by JPEROG; 08-01-2020 at 11:59 AM.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser