Notices

manning marine

Old 08-01-2020, 03:04 PM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by JPEROG
I bought a new Myco last year and it arrived with more then a few disappointments from what I had ordered. So when we decided to order 3 trailers for our 32 Doug Wrights being built, I wasn't going to participate with Myco again (it was that bad, and very expensive). We had a chance to see one of the trailers that Manning did for another of Doug's customers, studied it and wrote down a list of upgrades that we wanted along with some slight measurement changes. As I stated above, once we got in touch with Matt, he was very accommodating, the price was fair, and the end product is great.

I bought a tri-toon to keep at our place at LOTO and thought that I would just call Matt and have him do a trailer for it as well because our group purchase turned out to be everything that we were told. No answer, No return call-repeat, repeat, repeat until I knew that I was going to be up against my time limitation "planned on picking it up on my way up for the shootout". So I went back to another West Michigan guy that I have done several transactions with (Rod Boertman) at Integrity trailers in Nunica. I told him what I want exactly (10" alum. C channel) and that I needed it in 6 weeks (two weeks from today I am picking it up). He told me it would be done and that is the way mid-west customer service should be. If anyone needs a trailer built to your specs., parts, or service I can recommend him 100%

Joe
well now i dont feel as bad. three trailers and not the decency to return a phone call? at this point i think i've gone from busy to rude to fuk you i dont want your business and to help with a product i sold you.
Old 08-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
It's like the old adage; horsepower, reliability, cost. Pick 2.
funny it wasnt framed to me that way by mark blondin and roland when they were giving me the sales pitch.

what i do remember is asking for a trailer like a myco aluminum trailer and how much it would cost. they told me and i paid them what they asked.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Pretty easy apparently. From the reviews and comments on most of the Manning threads on here they build a quality trailer for a fraction of the price of other trailer builders. It seems like 99% of their customers would recommend them. They (customers) understand that the communication of the mom and pop business is lacking, but still produce a quality build in a timely manner. To keep costs low they have to sacrifice in another area. That area appears to be extra manpower to man the phones. It's like the old adage; horsepower, reliability, cost. Pick 2.
I as well as few friends have bought trailers from them,maybe 10-15% less than Myco,but not a fraction of the price,
Old 08-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Answer the friggin phone or at least return calls before end of the day...how is that so hard? Do all these people coming on here defending the lack of a BASIC business principle run their business the same way? Is this the new business paradigm? Good grief...I've seen it all now. I've seen boat/engine manufacturers get skewered on here for doing the same thing, people have lives to run, moneys to shuffle around, plans to make, just communicate...geez.
Slight hijack but I've been trying to get a general contractor to discuss building a home addition since last November. No returned phone calls, no returned emails, no one in the offices. They're swamped with work and the covid shut them down for some time. But to not return a phone call regarding new build ?
Old 08-01-2020, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 235 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I as well as few friends have bought trailers from them,maybe 10-15% less than Myco,but not a fraction of the price,
We bought 3 of them at once so we may have got a better deal then normal pricing but I will tell you that we paid 70% of what Myco gets and have much better product in my opinion "I am a pretty picky guy and our 32 trailers came out very nice". I would have bought the new trailer that I am having built for my tri-toon from them with no questions asked but they wouldn't answer the phone for me to order it. I will post pictures of the trailer that Integrity is doing for me when I pick it up "based on pictures that I have seen, its very nice work as well and they are "Johnny on the spot for customer service".

Joe
Old 08-02-2020, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Just had them both (Myco & Manning) quote a trailer a month ago .....boatnt is correct, they are less expensive but not what I would call a fraction of the cost(excluding a multi trailer purchase), using Manning's option list and comparing two aluminum trailers for a 28' boat with the same option $14,100 for Myco $12,250 for Manning. For what it's worth a month ago Myco was 12 weeks Manning was 8 weeks or so, it was the or so that had me worried!!

Thankfully I went a different route and didn't need a trailer.

Last edited by Awash; 08-02-2020 at 06:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
boatnt (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 07:25 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Slight hijack but I've been trying to get a general contractor to discuss building a home addition since last November. No returned phone calls, no returned emails, no one in the offices. They're swamped with work and the covid shut them down for some time. But to not return a phone call regarding new build ?
I'm a contractor, I'll return your call, might tell you I'm booked until December but it doesn't take much to dial...you never know, maybe that one call back results in work when it's slow. I'm not perfect however, after a long day in the sun working sometimes I come home, shower and eat and cash it in for the night but I'll call back the next day at the latest. Of course if it's an urgent issue I'll stop work and buzz the client.
The following 4 users liked this post by Indy:
boatnt (08-02-2020), Interceptor (08-02-2020), Jupiter Sunsation (08-02-2020), SABER28 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

10% off is technically 9/10 of the price.........which is a fraction!
The following 2 users liked this post by Jupiter Sunsation:
boatnt (08-02-2020), Rookie (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
10% off is technically 9/10 of the price.........which is a fraction!
Damn it this is no time to use math and logic! I'm guilty too of thinking in bigger fractions when someone says "a fraction of the price"

The following 2 users liked this post by Awash:
boatnt (08-02-2020), Rookie (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 10:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
I'm a contractor, I'll return your call, might tell you I'm booked until December but it doesn't take much to dial...you never know, maybe that one call back results in work when it's slow. I'm not perfect however, after a long day in the sun working sometimes I come home, shower and eat and cash it in for the night but I'll call back the next day at the latest. Of course if it's an urgent issue I'll stop work and buzz the client.
exactly, it is the height of arrogance to think that you are so busy that you dont return someones calls because you dont need that customer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.