Notices

Where Did They All Go?

Old 07-03-2021, 01:07 AM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts

Fellow selling it is a stand-up guy, but you'll need drives and eventually some other things and by then you're close to $40k or more for a brand without much recognition. Keep checking craigslist for Reno/Tahoe with surroundings, always high-quality stuff showing up.

This Fountain looks like a great boat. Wouldn't pay more than low $30K's though. The owner bought a classic Donzi Minx, so he obviously is a real boat guy.

https://redding.craigslist.org/boa/d...344053988.html

Old 07-03-2021, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 638 Likes on 295 Posts

Another interesting one.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa...344559738.html

The following users liked this post:
Dave M (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefili
I think what we are seeing is what is going on in the housing market and in some what in the equities market.
everyone sees how high their boat, house, stock price is and says 'it is so high, why would I sell? it is only going to be worth more tomorrow so I am gong to hang on to it"
in many ways that is the exact time to sell! it history has taught us nothing else it has shown that there will be a reversal, people wait too long and then do the should a could a song about waiting too long. same thing with selling a business, most peoples around and reap the high returns when things are good, never wanting to sell when their business is worth so much based on its earnings, still the mentality of why sell when it will only be worth more tomorrow, then the earnings crash and they can't give it away, let history teach us......

^^^^^^this is one of the reasons Skip would have had incentive to sell Cigarette now
Old 07-03-2021, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

&&&&
Old 07-03-2021, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Its even tougher up here in western Canada. Go fast boats are not really popular up here. So its a small market. I'm looking at a 42 Fountain Lightning and a Formula 357SR1 currently. I might buy them both and sell them next season for a straight bottom Top Gun. Can't drive down to the states right now, border closed due to covid or Id be buying in the states.
Old 07-13-2021, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth
Fellow selling it is a stand-up guy, but you'll need drives and eventually some other things and by then you're close to $40k or more for a brand without much recognition. Keep checking craigslist for Reno/Tahoe with surroundings, always high-quality stuff showing up.

This Fountain looks like a great boat. Wouldn't pay more than low $30K's though. The owner bought a classic Donzi Minx, so he obviously is a real boat guy.

Just talked to this guy. Boat sold in a week of listing. He had some good info for me though.
Old 07-14-2021, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by larslindroth

Saw that one on Seattle Craigslist. If the land border was open, would have been all over it.