Notices

Where Did They All Go?

Old 01-13-2021, 03:49 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
I know i will be the out cast here but imo you should keep what you have. A Cigarette is not a boat that you will use everyday for 9 months.
Kind of my way of thinking too. We will be retiring on a lake and keeping the center console at the dock for daily cruising and using the go fast on special occasions.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 581 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by underpsi68
Let me ask you how many hours a year do you typically put on the engines using it 9 months a year?
Rough guess would be around 100 or so. The boat I have now I purchased July 1st of 2020. It had been in storage for many years. An elderly man had it and was in poor health. I put 55 hours on it until I winterized it Thanksgiving weekend. That being said I dont always go long distances. The sandbar where we all park up at is at the mouth of the river. I live on the oxbow of the river. Its only 1 mile from my house. We swim and let the dogs swim. From lock to lock is approx 55 miles. I also have a flat bottom tiller handle boat with a 30hp Nissan. I use it to fish and hunt.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
A good option although hard to find would be a 28 Cigarette SS they came with twin small blocks or twin big blocks. It would be large enough for where you and boat and would give you the experience of the #1. If you look they do come up, most have been redone and bring a good price, but you will get what you pay for. They are also easy to haul around without the need for a large tow vehicle.
Funny you mention this. I had a 28 OS and I think it would be a great boat for my lakes. Kind of like a combination of a CC and a performance boat. I wish I had kept the one I had because they are pretty hard to find now.

Old 06-22-2021, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Bumping this thread because I am looking again. I know we are still in very shaky times with the economy and massive spending but what the hell, YOLO right?! Besides, if we have massive inflation it would be better to buy now before boats really become expensive.

Anybody got any leads on anything for sale?
The following users liked this post:
Eddienel (06-24-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Bumping this thread because I am looking again. I know we are still in very shaky times with the economy and massive spending but what the hell, YOLO right?! Besides, if we have massive inflation it would be better to buy now before boats really become expensive.

Anybody got any leads on anything for sale?
I'm working on a deal right now and if he doesn't want to trade it might go up for sale.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

The following 3 users liked this post by outlw36:
dykstra (06-28-2021), Indy (06-24-2021), speicher lane (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
While I can see what you are saying, I still disagree. Powerboats have always been expensive, a new twin step TG was 250K 20 years ago.

As far as the loss of OSO inventory, facebook/craigslist are free and they get way more traffic. Griff (OSO mod) even mentioned it in this thread earlier.

Less folks will tackle a project (no space, no time, no skills)
Old boats are harder to get insurance/financing for
Old boats are slower than new twin/triple engine OB options.

Finally if "demand has them all gone" then why does Nortech/Cigarette primarily produce OB CC's? I'd think if demand was strong for I/O performance V's then Sunsation/Formula would still be making them (they both stopped completely). OL seems to be the only one still pumping out I/O performance Vs. Sure others will build one (Fountain/Donzi) but when have you seen a new build lately? Phil at Lipship had built boats on spec for years, I can't remember the last time I saw a new Lipship build for an I/O. Heck even PBC isn't stocking new I/O boats right now and they are the biggest dealer in the country.

the problem is the sheer cost. Think about it. Most builders want 750k plus for a nice equipped boat. With real motors and real drives. Technology is essentially at its peak. How fast do you want to go? I mean, the only next thing someone could try to create is better fuel economy. So someone shelling out 700+ for a boat to get their blood flowing. Or get a lame 520 or 525 boat for a song of 499k then see what 500k will get you on the used the market. No wonder they aren’t building many new ones. Because the cost for a boat that’ll get your blood flowing is astronomical. So might as well get a CC for 350k and still go the same speed as some of these lame powered boats.

I think the 860 motors will be spectacular for the moderate boater. If they could just get them more reasonably priced.

in regards to the custom market. It’s absolutely on fire.
The following 2 users liked this post by 315duramax:
Dean Ferry (06-27-2021), Smarty (06-28-2021)
Old 06-27-2021, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
that is what Sick does, almost everything is worth more in the parts.

sure. It’s a business for some. But it sucks because it takes the entry level boaters options away. Been saying it for years. Used to have lots of cool boats for the 30-50 range. Now they all got parted so the people wanting a cool boat to actually use in that range , they are harder and harder to find
Old 06-28-2021, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by 315duramax
sure. It’s a business for some. But it sucks because it takes the entry level boaters options away. Been saying it for years. Used to have lots of cool boats for the 30-50 range. Now they all got parted so the people wanting a cool boat to actually use in that range , they are harder and harder to find
I agree.

I don’t like it but its what happens. As for not making new performance V’s Velocity has hit on a market, they are selling the 29’s with OB’s like crazy.

Scott posted he has a 2-3 year backlog.
The following users liked this post:
Padraig (07-03-2021)
Old 06-28-2021, 09:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I agree.

I don’t like it but its what happens. As for not making new performance V’s Velocity has hit on a market, they are selling the 29’s with OB’s like crazy.

Scott posted he has a 2-3 year backlog.
At least there are some people who would rather see the boat go to a good home and get some use than part it out. I was willing to lose money when I sold my Cafe to see someone enjoy the boat, and I hope others in the sport do the same.
The following 2 users liked this post by seafordguy:
larslindroth (06-28-2021), Wildman_grafix (06-28-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.