Notices

Pre-Ceramic Coat cleaner

Old 02-02-2022, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

This is so funny to me-

am I reading the comments correctly? Are you guys comparing diluted SIO2 chemicals to concentrated true SIlica products such as a coating that takes major time and does not self level?

Sales pitch? What? Huh? You said it your self it’s about time and money to you, so why then say the true ceramic is not worth it and say a man that makes a living off of it is just a salesman? Makes no sense to me!!

BTW- my company sells the products for P&S Detail products look them up. I could take you right to the factory. I too have been in this industry a long time. And the long lasting ceramics over wax is the real deal. As far as the sprays go- yes nice products that are easy. To each is own. I get it having a company instal a coating is not cheap. But to say the products are over rated or not worth it is simply an opinion and IMO means you just don’t want to pay for it. I mean did you say yourself it worked good on the bottom but it was just a PIA? Well yes it’s a totally different process.

And it is true that Adam’s and Griots don’t make their own stuff.
The following 2 users liked this post by precisiondetails:
cheech (02-02-2022), offshoredrillin (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
This is so funny to me-

am I reading the comments correctly? Are you guys comparing diluted SIO2 chemicals to concentrated true SIlica products such as a coating that takes major time and does not self level?

Sales pitch? What? Huh? You said it your self it’s about time and money to you, so why then say the true ceramic is not worth it and say a man that makes a living off of it is just a salesman? Makes no sense to me!!

BTW- my company sells the products for P&S Detail products look them up. I could take you right to the factory. I too have been in this industry a long time. And the long lasting ceramics over wax is the real deal. As far as the sprays go- yes nice products that are easy. To each is own. I get it having a company instal a coating is not cheap. But to say the products are over rated or not worth it is simply an opinion and IMO means you just don’t want to pay for it. I mean did you say yourself it worked good on the bottom but it was just a PIA? Well yes it’s a totally different process.

Old 02-02-2022, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Wow this one got pretty sideways...

I can understand the argument that the professional stuff will last longer and look better, but for several thousand dollars?! If that makes me cheap because I’m not going to spend that much on a coating that will eventually wear off, then yea I’m cheap!

If I can get an entire season out of one of the spray products, I’d be happy with that. Again, to each their own.

I re-read the first pages and still didn’t see where 1moses1 said the professional stuff was overrated.
The following 2 users liked this post by IGetWet:
1MOSES1 (02-02-2022), TomZ (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by IGetWet
Wow this one got pretty sideways...

I can understand the argument that the professional stuff will last longer and look better, but for several thousand dollars?! If that makes me cheap because I’m not going to spend that much on a coating that will eventually wear off, then yea I’m cheap!

If I can get an entire season out of one of the spray products, I’d be happy with that. Again, to each their own.

I re-read the first pages and still didn’t see where 1moses1 said the professional stuff was overrated.
It’s a typical difference in opinions on a forum. Lol

Last edited by precisiondetails; 02-02-2022 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

I don't think this is necessarily a difference of opinion but rather more an issue around economics. While my old Formula looks great for being thirty-four years old, I can tell you right now that I am not going to spend thousands of dollars having a ceramic coating put on the boat. It's just not worth it to me. But, if I can get nice shine and lessen the cleanup chores that I need to deal with every time she goes out for a couple hundred bucks and some elbow grease in the beginning to prep/apply, then that to me is a very workable solution. I'll bet that many reading this thread and its companion are in the same situation. I know that I find value in reading the reviews posted up by the doityourself-er. Now if I had a 100k+ boat with a continuous open checkbook for maintaining it, a professional application may be more worth it - I do not foresee my situation changing anytime soon, but that's my thought.

Let's keep it civil. We're all gaining knowledge here.

TZ

Last edited by TomZ; 02-02-2022 at 02:31 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by TomZ:
1MOSES1 (02-03-2022), DaNinja (02-02-2022), IGetWet (02-02-2022)
Old 02-02-2022, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

This is so funny to me-

if griots 3 in 1 was horse piss in a container I wouldn’t care…it’s still easy to apply, looks good, and offers decent protection for the money.

our 30 year old boat doesn’t stain like it used too. It cleans up nice after a few outings. And the water beads off at the end of the year like a new coat of wax.

It checks off all the boxes and I don’t have to spend $5,000.

not sure why you guys are getting so butt hurt.
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

no one is butt-hurt, its your choice to do what you want. it actually shows more about you than anything else.. but back to the products, when you say they are a pita, well yea, like i said before, they are designed for professionals and have specific ways to apply and to handle along with having the knowledge to see whats going on with the substrate, whether it be gel or paint. sure you can spray something on and it will make something bead, but the cheap products aren't ceramics, they are loaded with petroleum distillates that will break down your clear and your gel. there is a reason the cheap products are cheap.. as precision details said, your spray on products arent ceramic, there is little if any silica in it as it would harden between uses. graphene is the new buzz word in the industry for slick. its marketing, plain and simple. there is no way that a spray product will compare to a full ceramic, period. It will always cost more as anything of quality does. the difference is I'm telling you the truth, you already fell for the slick talking market hype... I'll still take the butchers word on it

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 02-03-2022 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

This is so funny to me-

Not sure if this is directed at me but what I am saying is that pro applied ceramics don't last well on a boat so I'm using what I feel is a better solution for ME.

Again, nobody has asked gel vs paint.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor
Not sure if this is directed at me but what I am saying is that pro applied ceramics don't last well on a boat so I'm using what I feel is a better solution for ME.

Again, nobody has asked gel vs paint.
depends on the product, i guaranty my marine coatings. can use on gel or paint, the difference on gel is the prep work, no ceramic will hold up on coarse gel as its like a sponge. it needs to be corrected and polished before any product goes on.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
depends on the product, i guaranty my marine coatings. can use on gel or paint, the difference on gel is the prep work, no ceramic will hold up on coarse gel as its like a sponge. it needs to be corrected and polished before any product goes on.
and to do it right, that takes "X" hours of billable labour = $$$$.

Simply put, those products are there for those that can afford them and want them.... having seen the end results, on the right car or boat it definitely is worth it is you can afford the investment.

Apples to apples.. What is the going rate for a polishing service to clean, buff, polish and conventional wax a 38' boat (ie Cig TG or Fountain) per year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.