Notices

Pre-Ceramic Coat cleaner

Old 02-03-2022, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
and to do it right, that takes "X" hours of billable labour = $$$$.

Simply put, those products are there for those that can afford them and want them.... having seen the end results, on the right car or boat it definitely is worth it is you can afford the investment.

Apples to apples.. What is the going rate for a polishing service to clean, buff, polish and conventional wax a 38' boat (ie Cig TG or Fountain) per year?
too many variables to honestly quote. paint or gel, area of country, condition of vehicle all plays in. just like trying to call a dr and getting them to diagnose something over the phone. in my shop its never about trying to bang someone over the head. i just removed film and did a polish on a gt3 Porsche i billed him for 10 hours removing 15 year old film, i have 29 hours in it. at 325.00 an hour i couldn't charge him full price for scraping off glue, i discounted over 6k. even though it was never my issue. i am mid Atlantic, a high price area, homes, gas, and everything is on the higher end as compared to other areas. if i had a penny for every time i heard its just this or just that, id have a million more dollars.
Old 02-03-2022, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 830 Likes on 350 Posts

Apples to apples.. What is the going rate for a polishing service to clean, buff, polish and conventional wax a 38' boat (ie Cig TG or Fountain) per year?
Had my 38ZR, exterior only, cleaned buffed polished and waxed last summer. Just under 1k cash.

The following users liked this post:
SB (02-03-2022)
Old 02-03-2022, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

and to do it right, that takes "X" hours of billable labour = $$$$.

Simply put, those products are there for those that can afford them and want them.... having seen the end results, on the right car or boat it definitely is worth it is you can afford the investment.

My experience and that of several friends who have had professional applications on some big offshore fishing boats is that anywhere its in constant contact with the water when running the boat it doesnt last at all. Around the cockpit yes. When we fish we typically are running 160-200 miles round trip. When cleaning the boat you can see on the sides where the water has erroded it away starting towards the bow and getting higher towards the transom. Drives etc, forget it, Anywhere that gets a ghood scrubbing at the end of the day, forget it.

And I know the response will be "poor application, prep, products, etc" and thats another part of the problem. How do you know who to chose? They all talk a good game and have good references. Its as crap shoot with $5k.

Love it on my black cars but the boats get what is easiest to maintain and works well. I am not a skeptic that it works its just not something that works well enough on a boat to justify got me.
Old 02-03-2022, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

watch YouTube reviews where different ceramics are applied to different panels on a car…it’s no mystery that the panels to lose ceramic the fastest are the wheel weels. root cause = it’s getting blasted with water constantly like a boat would. Even the professional stuff has a hard time lasting in harsh environments. Anyone selling you that ceramic will last 5-7 years on the bottom of a boat is
Old 02-03-2022, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
watch YouTube reviews where different ceramics are applied to different panels on a car…it’s no mystery that the panels to lose ceramic the fastest are the wheel weels. root cause = it’s getting blasted with water constantly like a boat would. Even the professional stuff has a hard time lasting in harsh environments. Anyone selling you that ceramic will last 5-7 years on the bottom of a boat is
now that comment about the bottom of the boat I can Agree with completely
Old 02-05-2022, 06:59 PM
Registered

Well I know who will hate this lol but I like this stuff. Boated yesterday and just a rinse. Salt rinsed right off and hit it with the leaf blower then a quick once around with a big microfiber towel. Used about 1/8 of the bottle to do the whole boat from the chine up including drives and interior.

Old 02-05-2022, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 4,260 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Hey offshore drilled, remember that time I asked you for some product and you said no problem and then blew me off .. good times good times.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 790 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Hey offshore drilled, remember that time I asked you for some product and you said no problem and then blew me off .. good times good times.
have to be a professional to use it…sorry pal
The following users liked this post:
ICDEDPPL (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I sure do!
Old 02-09-2022, 09:01 AM
Registered

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.