New Cigarette products from MIBS >

New Cigarette products from MIBS

Notices

New Cigarette products from MIBS

Old 02-21-2022, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
maybe it`s because I like red/black combo colors but this thing this sick!!
Unless they stick a bunch of ugly outboards on it , then it will be ruined .

agreed. Very cool.

I was less enthusiastic by the yacht offering but that looks pretty bad ass.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
maybe it`s because I like red/black combo colors but this thing this sick!!
Unless they stick a bunch of ugly outboards on it , then it will be ruined .

It runs in O/B's but that are hidden under hatch to keep clean lines...love the idea for this boat.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nate5.0:
Gimme Fuel (02-22-2022), ICDEDPPL (02-21-2022)
Old 02-21-2022, 08:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I know you have to evolve to stay relevant -i just hope they dont dilute what they are in my mind, and the minds of many customrs - A beautiful boat, with simple, classically inspired lines. Never the fastest to the card stop, certainly not one for progressive designs, sparse cabins that all non-cig owners berate, too many logos and yet a passion inspiring brand.

Time will tell. I wish the towels were cheaper.
Old 02-22-2022, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
It runs in O/B's but that are hidden under hatch to keep clean lines...love the idea for this boat.

sea ray tried that, they had to run air ducts into the cowls, and had problems with water building up in that compartment and forcing up the exhaust of the engines and hydro locking them.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Why on earth would they put outboards on that instead of a pair of diesels?
Old 02-22-2022, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Money no object would any of you buy a cigarette catamaran right now? Or would you opt for a company that has been building fast cats for over 10 years like Skater, MTI, Mystic, etc. Same question with a cigarette jetski and a cigarette yacht.

In my opinion all that cigarette goodwill is only good for your standard cigarette v-hull. They should stick with what they are known for because it will take them a decade to develop brand loyalty for a catamaran or a yacht or even a jet ski. They should make an outboard option for all their current models and launch two smaller models like a 33 and a 29 or bring back some of the old shorter models like the 30 mystique and 33 Cafe Open/Ocean Hawk.
Old 02-22-2022, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
Money no object would any of you buy a cigarette catamaran right now? Or would you opt for a company that has been building fast cats for over 10 years like Skater, MTI, Mystic, etc. Same question with a cigarette jetski and a cigarette yacht.

In my opinion all that cigarette goodwill is only good for your standard cigarette v-hull. They should stick with what they are known for because it will take them a decade to develop brand loyalty for a catamaran or a yacht or even a jet ski. They should make an outboard option for all their current models and launch two smaller models like a 33 and a 29 or bring back some of the old shorter models like the 30 mystique and 33 Cafe Open/Ocean Hawk.

I would all day as they are buying a trusted model just like like ones you mentioned. Staying the status que is how companies close as they failed to stay with what is current.
The following 3 users liked this post by Nate5.0:
offshoredrillin (02-22-2022), ptlaporte (02-25-2022), Tropical Buzz (02-23-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

The CAT sure, its a DW and I have always liked them and Mystic. The electric/gas jet ski? NO but that has more to do with what I think is a strange concept and overpriced. Do I think that is a good market for them, well no but I am sure there will be people that will because it says CIG.

Yacht, depends on if it offered anything better then the competition, I wouldn't do it just because it has a CIG badge on it but I bet there are a lot that will.

When it comes down to it what I think means nothing, I am not in the league of the people that will be purchasing these items and I learned long ago I think much different then that class does. Kind of like us wishing they would bring some smaller boats back, why when you can make a higher margin on the larger stuff.

I am sure they will do just fine.
The following users liked this post:
offshoredrillin (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Keep building the same ol same ol V bottoms? That didn`t work out for Baja, Fountain, Active Thunder, Donzi, Black Thunder etc etc.
You wanna stay in business you need to grow. not be stuck in 1990
The following 2 users liked this post by ICDEDPPL:
Tropical Buzz (02-23-2022), underpsi68 (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022, 08:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Timely - i just ran across this. A fall from go-fast boat glory if there ever was one!!

The following users liked this post:
Bostonirish (02-23-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.