Notices

The Fountain video

Old 03-13-2022, 10:34 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Anybody ever see Jason Bateman during filming of the ozarks. What a great series that is. So anybodys take on how long one should plan for to cover the area by boat. I could see spending a bunch of time and never cover all of it but with good weather would a week pretty much do it or longer? Just trying to get an idea for near future boating trip myself.
Only a few episodes or parts of them in the first season were filmed at LOTO. A lot of the lake scenery pics and overhead shots of the lake showing docks and houses are at LOTO, but as was said, most of it was filmed in Georgia due to a better tax break.
The following users liked this post:
KCHOTBOAT (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Actually, there have been days where they have been on the Strip and done some drone flyovers for some of the overheads. Mr Bateman has been around some and actually spent a few bucks around town. It's funny, the filming in today's world, just involves a couple guys with some pretty high dollar football size cameras and just walking around. Overall, it's a Georgia thing, There aren't enough docks in most of the water shots, that should be your first clue.

Last edited by Helmwurst; 03-14-2022 at 06:54 AM. Reason: spelling
The following 3 users liked this post by Helmwurst:
Griff (03-21-2022), KCHOTBOAT (03-14-2022), SB (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

No judgement of the Fountain guy at all.
All respect towards anyone hurt in it.

But Sheesh this Site I guess.

Just last week a video gets posted of Kong, and that guy (who has had mishaps) is the most dangerous unskilled boat operator ever by seemingly most in the thread.
People falsely knowing his trim, claiming to accurately know the water from the video, on and on and on.
Armchair quarterbacking every aspect of the situation.

Then this gets rehashed and all of a sudden it's an about-face.
Now we can't accurately judge water by a video.
It's acceptable for people to have mishaps.
On and on and on.

Clearly similar and different posters in the 2 threads.
Not accusing any one member of any turn of opinion.

But the major irony of the general tone of that thread and this one makes me go WTF.
The following 5 users liked this post by cheech:
HOSSMAN (03-15-2022), SB (03-14-2022), scarabman (03-14-2022), Stuckonstupid (03-14-2022), underpsi68 (03-14-2022)
Old 03-14-2022, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by cheech
No judgement of the Fountain guy at all.
All respect towards anyone hurt in it.

But Sheesh this Site I guess.

Just last week a video gets posted of Kong, and that guy (who has had mishaps) is the most dangerous unskilled boat operator ever by seemingly most in the thread.
People falsely knowing his trim, claiming to accurately know the water from the video, on and on and on.
Armchair quarterbacking every aspect of the situation.

Then this gets rehashed and all of a sudden it's an about-face.
Now we can't accurately judge water by a video.
It's acceptable for people to have mishaps.
On and on and on.

Clearly similar and different posters in the 2 threads.
Not accusing any one member of any turn of opinion.

But the major irony of the general tone of that thread and this one makes me go WTF.
Ive kinda gotten to know Yves some and he’s a cool hard working play hard find of a guy! I’m still waiting patiently for a ride. Lol.

(FB):

Old 03-14-2022, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

[QUOTE=getrdunn;4825046]Are you planning on piloting a Cessna while down also?

Old 03-14-2022, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

[/QUOTEAnybody ever see Jason Bateman during filming of the ozarks. What a great series that is. So anybodys take on how long one should plan for to cover the area by boat. I could see spending a bunch of time and never cover all of it but with good weather would a week pretty much do it or longer? Just trying to get an idea for near future boating trip myself.[/QUOTE]

As stated since season 1, all the filming has been done in GA. However,, in the remaining seasons the "flyover sequences" are still LOTO but were all filmed year 1. It is kind of fun, because during the original filming, our house was under construction and can be seen when shown in Season 3. Granted, you would have to know where to look and it was only for a split second. It was easy for me to spot because it was still in green board when they filmed it.

Batemen and the crew all stayed at "Stones Mansion"
during the filming which is only 1/4 mile from my house. One of the producers kept stopping by and made numerous unsolicited offers on my house. I decided to keep it, right decision, ??? Met Batemen for a couple of seconds, just hello on the way by.
The following users liked this post:
SB (03-15-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Already Answered

Last edited by bleek; 03-16-2022 at 11:44 AM. Reason: already answered
Old 03-17-2022, 08:53 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

When they first starting shooting video(not film) they stayed at the Lodge of the Four Seasons.I know that for a fact. Several of the scenes are repeated. Lovers leap is used a great deal.

Last edited by KCHOTBOAT; 03-17-2022 at 08:57 PM.