99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342 >

99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342

Notices

99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342

Old 04-25-2022, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ubet28
I have looked at this boat multiple times. I loved my 25 outlaw just not a boat i want to take to the ozarks. It is smaller then a 33-36 outlaw and a 342. One less motor drinking fuel and its a 525 boat looks well taken care of. Shows scanned hrs in the photos I do feel like its over priced whats your guys thoughts? Be honest and as always thanks so much for chiming in and helping me on this journey.

2008 Baja 26 Outlaw SST - 525 with XR/ITS ? Grand Sport Center

https://youtu.be/m9evTaob65s
We had a Baja 252 Islander. Took LOTO fairly well...... until we bought a 35' boat. There is no comparison. You won't be sorry moving up in length rather than settling. The main difference is cruising at 50mph in a 35' or getting a very uncomfortable ride in a 25' not being able to cruise because it's too rough. We don't worry about top speed at all - it's just about the ride at cruising speed. I would guess there will be more stuff coming on the market soon. Just my opinions - Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
OFFSHOREJOJO (04-25-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 124 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Coryfred
We had a Baja 252 Islander. Took LOTO fairly well...... until we bought a 35' boat. There is no comparison. You won't be sorry moving up in length rather than settling. The main difference is cruising at 50mph in a 35' or getting a very uncomfortable ride in a 25' not being able to cruise because it's too rough. We don't worry about top speed at all - it's just about the ride at cruising speed. I would guess there will be more stuff coming on the market soon. Just my opinions - Good luck!
We totally agree with you! Where we will do 90% of our boating a 25ft boat is plenty its a small power plant lake. The wife and I just discussed it over dinner We figure we would go the LOTO 1 to 2 times a season. Cost wise we figure it would cost us 5k to go each time. We both grew up down there on th elake with our families so we are very familiar with the lake. I have owned 2 boats a 24ft h2x and a 25ft outlaw with ridiculous big power boat ran mid to high 80s. Neither boat did i take to LOTO honestly never had the desire growing up on that lake and being on small boats there just isn't fun.

So this brings us to current time if we were to buy the 26ft we wouldn't even consider going down to LOTO we would take the 10k in savings and boat local within 30 miles of home every weekend we figure 10k would cover our costs for all season. We would be happy and enjoy just being on the water again after 8 years of not boating. She could care less about size LOL.

I would love the power plant and single motor fuel costs. But the size obviously what man doesn't want bigger boat. The thing is we both feel like we are settling with the bigger boat since our budget right now is 75k what we really want is in the 250k to 300k and we plan on pulling the trigger on that boat in 3-4 years. If things work out right. So whatever we buy now is a hold us over boat im paying cash for and just looking for something i can use worry free for 3 -4 years probably more like 3 years that i can recover most of the money when we sell it. Im taking a 1/4 of what i did in snow this year and buying this boat. we plan on adding 75k each year the next 3 years towards buying another boat. 38 top gun or big power fountain i don't know yet.

Truly having a hard time deciding. Want the look and length of 35 fountain but worried about the boat sitting for the last 7 years. Like the room and length of the 33 outlaw. And the 26 I feel like is just good boat for our area with good power clean and modernized.

I also have a badass SXS that i take and go to TN KY WV 4 times a year. We ride crazy **** in the mountains. I will have as much in the buggy as I will the boat. This buggy cost as much as the damn boat to build. I love my toys though can’t take it with me. Might as well have fun now.

Wolf Penn Hollar got me good. Broke 2 ball joints and tie rod

Last edited by ubet28; 04-26-2022 at 12:20 AM.
getrdunn (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 1,489 Likes on 805 Posts

Those are so much fun. Living out in the country on acreage they are a must also. Mine serves as a workhorse and entertainment. They’ll climb where you can’t even walk. Rush!
ubet28 (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 1,324 Likes on 739 Posts

A few things, the internet can be great for information, and it can be bad. Blue motor valve trains, when replaced with quality parts do not need redone every 250 hours, unless its a pretty healthy cam. We now have over 400-450 hours on the Top end rebuild of the HP500EFI's I have, at this point since I'll be replacing most everything just going to see how it does. I will start building some long blocks since I am at 750 or more hours now.

Salt water "eats everything up". It really depends on how you flush and what you use. The issue here is you can not look inside the motor. A couple years ago I decided to replace my thermostats (you know the motors are 2000). This was after 7 years of running in salt water. Took them out and replaced but thought I would check to see if they were still working.

They were fine and looked good. But I flush well with a LOT of volume of water before I switch to salt a way and dawn mixture.On my dock I have two of the salt way mixers plumbed up separately from the main water flow and go through two only running one motor at a time when I switch to them. Those things restrict the water flow big time.
ubet28 (04-26-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 12:43 PM
Registered

Ok so I called on the 26 not the boat for me. Sharp boat just don't agree with the top end rebuild.

I found this boat what do you guys think? The wife gave me the ok. I honestly wanted to try and stay with black motors or but this boat is screaming at me. How reliable are these 575s?

Selling my Baja 36 Outlaw Custom. One motor has 90 HRS on it the other is getting rebuilt now. They were originally 500 EFI engines. When rebuilt I had 525 cams put in them, they dynoed out at around 530 HP a side. I also installed two new HD couplers. This spring I installed 575 SCI blowers and throttle bodies. Blowers were rebuilt when I purchased them. Should be around 700 HP now. I also re did both fuel systems to Aeromotive fuel pumps and #10 feed lines and #8 return fuel lines back to tank. Both drives were just rebuilt to a phase 3 and 1/2 by All American Drive Service, they have about 49 HRS on them. The Paint job was done by Mitcher T. Interior was done when paint job was done. There is no dock rash on boat at all. No rips or or cracks in vinyl. Boat is a 9 out of a 10. Boat has not been in salt water. I have all documentation for everything that has been done to this boat. I have all the invoices on engine rebuilds and dyno sheets, drive rebuilds, paint and interior and fuel systems. Boat runs 80 MPH with 28 pitch props and with 30 pitch props runs 82. I run the 28 pitch props in rough water and heavy loads. I run the 30 pitch props in 1 to 2 foot chop and when we are just cruising around. Have cockpit cover, and a full boat cover. Trailer is a 2004 heritage with all new axles converted to electric brakes

OFFSHOREJOJO (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 971 Likes on 441 Posts

It's certainly got the looks!

So it sounds like he dropped the blowers on previously naturally aspirated motors, (and one has since gone pop), I'd want to see the specs on the motors to see how long they're likely to live with boost...
Old 04-29-2022, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 186 Likes on 96 Posts

Sharp boat, buy it if the price is right.
ubet28 (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts
Default 36

Sweet looking rig. But again, modified motors...plan accordingly. Stock 575's can be needy, modded ones could be more so.
Old 04-29-2022, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrFeelgood
It's certainly got the looks!

So it sounds like he dropped the blowers on previously naturally aspirated motors, (and one has since gone pop), I'd want to see the specs on the motors to see how long they're likely to live with boost...
I guess i was under the impression the blowers were low boost am i wrong? I'm going to request the build sheets with receipts to see what was done and who did the work
Old 04-29-2022, 05:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
Sweet looking rig. But again, modified motors...plan accordingly. Stock 575's can be needy, modded ones could be more so.
I had all intentions on staying away from modified motors. They sure sound good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.