Notices

Hurricane Ian

Old 06-01-2023, 03:44 AM
Registered

Received 712 Likes on 262 Posts

No hurricane here so far just busy track hoes.

Old 06-01-2023, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by tlark
hearing there is still lots of debris still surfacing and the ICW should be used with caution heading south. It was noted to me by a rather larger dealer in Sarasota that he would not travel south with debris they are seeing. Too much damage to lowers and props. Truth ???
I did a loop Sunday, I went out Stump Pass inlet north in the Gulf to Venice Inlet then north in the ICW to Nokomis bridge, did a u-turn and went south down the ICW from Nokomis to Boca Grande Pass(the southern inlet of Boca Grande) which I went back out to the Gulf then north in Gulf again, then through Gasparilla Pass back in in the ICW, then north to Englewood, FL —- AND I saw ZERO debris in the channel or areas of travel that other boats were traveling and I traveled (the ICW from south Nokomis to the Boca Grande Pass).

And I did not see any performance boats all day, I was suprised and disappointed by the lack of performance boat enthusiasts out on the water. I did see one large CC with quad outboards at the Boca Grande sandbar but no performance cats or V’s anywhere all day, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Last edited by Smarty; 06-01-2023 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added the word “see”
The following 2 users liked this post by Smarty:
tlark (06-01-2023), tommymonza (06-01-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 712 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty

And I did not any performance boats all day, I was suprised and disappointed by the lack of performance boat enthusiasts out on the water. I did see one large CC with quad outboards at the Boca Grande sandbar but no performance cats or V’s anywhere all day, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM

Around here they’re almost non existent until there’s an event to run in, otherwise it’s way easier to kick around in whatever ya got that’s low maintenance.
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (06-01-2023)
Old 06-01-2023, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 597 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoodoo 2.0
No hurricane here so far just busy track hoes.

Same old story down here in Naples on the beach , someone buys 2 or 3 ten to 20 year old mansions and tears them down than builds a 25 million dollar house on the 3 lots Stupid Money
Old 06-05-2023, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
I haven’t ran the boat up behind Sanibel but spent a couple weekends anchored up behind Sanibel point on the inside and have not seen any debri.

I do walk softly and with extreme caution when I am in the water though.

I don’t worry about debri while running though.

curious....how does your Aussie handle the heat down there year round? I have a 2 year old mini and have been curious if she could handle it.