Like Tree0Likes

APBA or SBI

Old 12-07-2002, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1996 Wellcraft Scarab

Dave,Thanks,I knew we could count on you and Dad.
Old 12-07-2002, 11:35 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 PANTERA SURVIVOR

Frank,

like i said i have been there since the begining and anybody who truly kows me i am willing to help with everthing i posibly can. i stopped running sbi because my sposors said there is not enough pull there and the tv is not good enough. the people who are serious about racing are actually starting to make money in this sport. the manufactures are standing behind the racers and slowley one by one you see it there are factory tems and teams with full sponsorship. the unfortunate part is sbi up front said he did not need any of us factory racers he just needed the big boats. well the factory racers have been the core for the last 5 years. and slowley but surley the p class has been bringing big numbers to.
the problem is nobody wants to treat it like a bussiness and go forward everbody wants to complain and see how far back we can throw it in the stone age. now finally after so many years and so many bad boat count's people are slowley seeing the light. the biggest problem is to many cheifs and not enough indians.

we could go on forever and debate it. bottom line is when the decision is made to go apba then you will find how many people will come out and support the whole thing. like i said first year will be tough but it will take of fast and grow.

treadwell
Old 12-07-2002, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Treadwell,we have 25- P boats already for the 2003 season and would like to get more and I understand EVERYTHING you are saying and your CONCERNS,lets see what can fly at the meeting.Augie
Old 12-07-2002, 12:00 PM
Registered

AUGGGGGIE (friendly cab)

I think you need to seek help with regards to your new addiction.

Do it now before you lose everything thats important to you.

this is your intervention calling
Old 12-07-2002, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bruce,Thats what it's all about. I have 8 Trucks and 37 men out today,the phones are quite and uma tryin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

Steps To make offshore racing successful in NJ again:

1. Local Racers Should Become the NE Division of APBA
2. Rules & Tech Specs should be set in stone all season long and not set in pencil with an eraser
3. Sponsors should be welcomed and be involved as PARTNERS and TREATED as partners not BOSSES
4. Make the sponsorship $$$ amount affordable to the sponsor sees a return on their investment. Sell more sponsorships at a lower price instead of looking for ONE big one.
5. Nothing but the TRUTH should be spoken at all times - NO HYPE to lead to disappointment
6. Make the whole process fun so people (racers & volunteers) who take time away from their work and families enjoy themselves and don't walk away frustrated

Just my $.02 based on 20yrs experience
Old 12-07-2002, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

DAVE,cool,cool,cool.....Bring the .02 and 20 years with you,don't forget to bring POP!The only STUPID question or statement is the one that is held back!
Old 12-07-2002, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Dave,when the rules for DIVISIONAL classes are written there will BE NO CHANGES during the season!Bring ALL your thoughts,THANKS Augie
Old 12-07-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

My Boats: Offshore Racing, Classic Magnums

Dave,
Can I add..
#7) Make the entry fees affordable! P class should be trophy racing (no prize money)-If you want to race professionally:step up to F1, F2, supercat etc...
#8) Eliminate the $500.00 "boat registration fee" this only lines the pockets of the local promotor.
#9) Have a "single event" entry fee-that way new racers may want to give racing a shot-without going broke.
#10) Welcome everyone ie; APBA, SBI, PokerRunners and other clubs-Great Lakes, Force etc.

Remember when the problem in the 70's and early 80's was too many boats 85-90?? The past few years there have been too few boats, last year 27.

See all at the meeting. Keep the ideas flowing!
Bob G.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 12-07-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2004 36 Concept

Excellent Points Bob!

If the races could become self funded by the racers (like poker runs) and the sponsor $$ help with some fringe expenses and pay for some perks you could hold as many races as you want.

Relying on sponsors to have a race is too painful to deal with.