Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers >

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Notices

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Old 12-08-2002, 08:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharkey now you know the date and time,hope you can make it,will be great to see you again,seems like a real long time ago we all stood on the docks.WAZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPP,it's coming togeather,Eddie,Pete is getting them worked up in Flordia!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:08 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Lisa is out putting up Christmas decorations,too cold for my bones,and I see your on early this morning! I've already been to Church,picked up the rolls,washed the damn car now just killing time till the Giants play at 1:00. Pete started working up the troops in Flordia on Racers Talk,gonna get VERY INTRESTING! It's coming togeather,with a LOT of hard work,contacts,help,racers and thier FAMILIES we could RESTART something that could really GROW,and have a lot of FUN doing it!Talk to you tomorrow,will be by Kurt and Smitty in the AM after and when I get all the trucks out and EVERYTHING is OK. Later,Augie
Old 12-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkey, heres the story.

NJ Offshore is the local club that supports the races. OPA is the sanctioning body or the NE division of the sanctioning body that brings the race boat.

NJ Offshore never sanctions the races and has no rule book of its own.

I think what your seeing on this thread is a club of racers that is comming together under the OPA banner. These OPA racers can choose to race under the APBA or SBI rule book. It's thier call. NJ Offshore will support thier choice and supply them with a safe place to race.

Volunteers and safety equipment = NJ Offshore
Racers and rules = OPA

Does that explain things better?
Old 12-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thats why Ron will be there. His part of NJ Offshore and does a great job.

Mike
Old 12-08-2002, 01:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Ron. That is much clearer. Now what club handled the race boats prior to OPA? Afterall, it's been over 30yrs and all I ever knew was NJ OFFSHORE. The 1st I heard of OPA was after the US OFFSHORE fell apart in recent years. I could use a history lesson I know, and either you RonP or T2x could probably bring me up to speed... Was it NPBA? Club or Sanctioning body?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-08-2002, 05:18 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Sharkey, for many many years NJ Offshore hosted APBA races. Back then Kurt Burger was the NE director for APBA. Then around 1994 some of the folks from within NJ Offshore thought they had a better idea and started US Offshore. After a few years, US Offshore was sold to Bill Gifford who did an exellent job or rallying the troops. Once Bill started going through a divorce he sold US Offshore to Arnold Di'ambrosia. Arnold ran one race in Point Pleasant with us and he was done. That was the last race for US Offshore. Then, in 1999 we asked SBI to bring thier fleet and they did so under a three year contract with Jenkinsons as the sponsor. Basically this was set up by Arnold since he had a dwindling fleet and for some reasons, all of our local racers didn't want to go back under the APBA umbrella. I don't know why.

Kurt Burger/OPA is really the one who has kept the fire burning in the NE. What your seeing now is the fruits of his labors. A new breed of enthusiatic NE races, ala, the Jersey Boyz has entered the race course.

OPA is not a stand alone sanctioning body with it's own rule book, although it could be if needed.

We are not starting from a clean sheet of paper as there is much history (maybe too much) and things are already in motion. What this is about is giving the racers a chance to voice thier thoughts and opionions in an effort to bring a strong racing division back to the NE and other locations.

Basically, its all good, and whatever comes out of this meeting and whichever way OPA and the Boyz decide to go, NJ Offshore
(the volunteer support group) will stand by and support thier efforts in any way possible.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Who are the Jersey Boyz?

http://njoffshore.homestead.com/JerseyBoyz.html
Old 12-08-2002, 07:29 PM
Registered

Angry

Originally posted by Ron P
Who are the Jersey Boyz?

http://njoffshore.homestead.com/JerseyBoyz.html

Old 12-08-2002, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sharkey,Ron,We're running OPA all the way!We want to run SBI/APBA and anything in between,we want to go out and have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!on,you know who we are! Augie
Old 12-08-2002, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Sorry,"R"ON,you know who we are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.