Loto Kilo Predictions..???

Notices

Loto Kilo Predictions..???

Old 12-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Tachyon,
Ahhh, I'm kinda glad to see I'm not the only one with that aliment! JC gets to have all the frikkin FUN!
MD
Old 12-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

lake water temp is probable still in the 50's my quess so unless it sits full of water out of the water for any length of time i dont think freeze will be a problem
Old 12-06-2002, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeff,
You took the words right out of my mouth...Why December at Loto?

Dean,
Sucks, huh?...Next week, Mon-Wed I'll be at Boeing in Wichita, KS. And it looks cold.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got off the phone with Gordo (again)......sounds like the Kilo event has been cancelled. Nobody got to make their run.
Old 12-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Registered

Cancelled??? Was it weather or didn't they make the cut off time? Are they going to reschedule?
Old 12-06-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

It sounds like once the fog went away then it was a time issue. Sounds like someone decided that if everyone wasn't going to be able to make their run then nobody would run.

If I took off work and traveled from far away places (like Florida) I'd be really really upset right now!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 12:00 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff
16 degrees, how in the heck are they going to keep the sea strainers from freezing up. They must have to leave the boats running at the dock to keep from freezing the blocks( except for the closed cooling boats). Also do you guys think they have unhooked the water (bypassed) from the oil coolers? They will never get the oil warm enough without it. You can have all the cold air in the world going into those motors but if the oil is like molasas it won't make more hp. Too bad APBA and Sarasota are on the outs, this is retarded running an official Kilo world record attempt in those conditions. I mean the boat trying to break 200, I see why they are there too make more hp in the cold.
APPARENTLY THAT ALREADY HAPPENED TO SOMEONE WITH A VELOCITY, BUT HE GOT IT CHANGED AND ALL TAKEN CARE OF... HE HAD BEEN THERE SINCE WEDNESDAY AND THE BOAT HAD BEEN SITTING OUTSIDE AND HE HAD NO IDEA IT WAS GOING TO BE THAT COLD... AS F0R THE OTHER BOATS, SSHERMAN TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD PLACED HEATERS IN THE BILGES...!!!
Old 12-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

it was too foggy to run. by the time the fog cleared off (11:00am) they could not fit all of the runs in, so they have cancelled the event.

another unexpected factor they were dealing with was the frosting of the canopies. just like those cold nights of making out with your high school hottie in the back of your parents car......cold temps + warm bodies + confined areas = condensation on the windows.

jbk
Old 12-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Jeff

Originally posted by later
lake water temp is probable still in the 50's my quess so unless it sits full of water out of the water for any length of time i dont think freeze will be a problem

But if the boat is in or out of the water the blocks and sea strainers will have water in them unless winterized just before the run. The lake water temp means nothing beacause outside temp at 16 the water will freeze in a very short time in the blocks and strainers and lines. I would drain my engines and lines and get my boat out of there. Man those guys are some hard core mofo's