Like Tree0Likes

What about most drowned Cell Phones!

Old 12-09-2002, 02:08 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 353 Fastech (for sale) http://midwestboatparty.com/bd/formula.htm
Default no phones yet

But we did lose our digital camera when my wife left her bag open on the dock. Our friend grabbed the bag to pick it up but only got one of the straps...all I heard was the unmistakeable "blip" sound when something hits the water and goes 65 ft to the bottom.
Also my brother in law lost his wedding ring while diving in off the swim platform. I now make sure to tell all my guests to leave any jewelry they don't want to lose at the condo.

Rob
Old 12-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

My Boats: Whatever you missed your payment on

Phones, Sunglasses, Ex-Girlfriends...I have three of each at the bottom of the Pacific!
Old 12-09-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: my big brothers apaches

My cousin owns a couple nextel stores in N.J. his kids have thrown
his phone in the pool.He says to leave them sub merged until you are ready to take it to get fixed.Not all phone stores will work on
cell phones.He does,If not dried out properly it will corrode.so leaving it in water is safer till you can find someone to fix it.Remember it is all ready under water what eles can happen to it.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:20 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1990 Baja 190 DSR

Quote:
Originally posted by IDRPSTF
Phones, Sunglasses, Ex-Girlfriends...I have three of each at the bottom of the Pacific!
How much weight did you use? I was going to throw my last girlfriends sister overboard with a 15 lb anchor tied to her feet. It was just me and her, no one would see anything but me
Old 12-09-2002, 04:48 PM
MIdnightRider

Default Women Thrown In!

That could definately be its own thread. I have seen some funny **** when couples get drunk and fight on their boats. Wait a second, that was me that got wacked in the head by his wife last summer while dropping her off during one of her tantrums and sending her home. " Are you OK Dude?, Well, now that we have that done with, you guys ready to really party!" Midnight

Old 12-09-2002, 07:12 PM
Gold Member

My Boats: Boatless... Damn...
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by babybro
My cousin owns a couple nextel stores in N.J. his kids have thrown
his phone in the pool.He says to leave them sub merged until you are ready to take it to get fixed.Not all phone stores will work on
cell phones.He does,If not dried out properly it will corrode.so leaving it in water is safer till you can find someone to fix it.Remember it is all ready under water what eles can happen to it.
Uhhh as a tech who DOES work on them I can tell you that your thinking there is a little off... leaving them in the water will only do more and more damage to the phone. There is NO fix for wet phones... only thing you can do is prolong the inevitable.... AKA make it work a little longer than it should. The only thing that you can do is try and bring it to someone as soon as you can, within 4 hours or so if possible... The longer it stays wet, the worse it will get. I tell people if it has fallen into a pool (chlorine) or any type of salt water... FORGET IT! its done... salt and chlorine tear up the gold and solder insode of the phones badly....

just my .02
Old 12-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Registered

My Boats: my big brothers apaches

well chrisk I'm glad you know it all.I would be the last person to make up a BS story.I stand by my words if you want proof I would be glad to put you in contact with my cuz.
Old 12-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: FORMULA

Can you top this?
An airline passenger dropped his cell phone in the planes toilet. Now he wants it back. When we told him where it goes, blue water and all(remember these are holding tanks) he doesn't care, he wants his phone back!
Maint refused to go tank diving to retrieve it so ramp personel had to dump the toilet into the ground servicing cart then they had to go tank diving into the service cart that has been used for several other aircraft.
You get the picture now?
Yes we did get the phone back to the customer. I don't know what the hell to guy did with the "filled with blue water" phone, but to my understanding he was upset that it didn't work.
I know I wasn't going to ask to shake his hand or ask to borrow his phone!
Old 12-10-2002, 06:56 PM
Gold Member

My Boats: Boatless... Damn...
Question

When did I say I knew it all? .... What I did say is that you are talking about my profession... What I do 5 days a week. Nokia,Ericsson,Motorola,NEC and Philips seem to think I DO know what I am talking about. I did not say it was BS what he said, I just stated that the logic is wrong.... Being a level 3 certified tech to do component level repairs on phones I would think that in this case maybe, just maybe I happen to know what im talking about? He owns stores that sell service, and im sure he is very successful at it also... I know I cant sell phones, and I dont try to... I fix them.. Thats all...

OPIE... I hear ya... people get upset at the weirdest things... They expect the phones to be indestructable or something.

Last edited by ChrisK; 12-10-2002 at 06:59 PM.