Like Tree0Likes

Al Queda Plans

Old 01-21-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1992 Skater 24 w/ 1996 260 EFI Offshores
Default Like someone said earlier

Like someone said earlier - "YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER......"

Sometimes when you give to much to people, they take advantage of it. It's kind of human nature. Kids do it at very young ages. They go to the parent who is easier on them to get what they want.

Here is an example. I'm a police officer. One day I get a call to Fresh Fields. It's an organic food store that is on the upper weathly side of the city I work in. The caller was concerned about 3 children left in a car in the cold, and the car was not locked. They were ages 1 to 5. The woman comes out and ultimately she wound up being arrested. In her grocery bag I found her foodstamps receipt. One particular item I found disturbing (among other things) was "organic grapes" that cost the taxpayer $7.95 for a bunch. Not only that, but food stamps are not stamps anymore. Why that would be too degrading. Instead, food stamp recipients now get a card like a credit card to make food purchases.

This woman who is an unemployed single mother of 3 drove her car from the next city (a high crime city) where she probably gets section 8 (or state aided) housing, and purchased $210 worth of groceries at an upscale food store that I certainly can't afford to shop at.

Another quick example. The section 8 housing in the city that I work in has more brand new Lexus's, Acuras and BMWs in the parking lot than you could imagine.

If you want the reality of the world, ask a police officer, not a democrat.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:23 PM
Registered

Default Catmando

What would you hope to accomplish by starting a military effort with North Korea? For one the soldiers stationed on the 38th parallel would be little more than a speed bump. But the better question is what would you hope to accomplish? North Korea has not threatened the US. at100plus hit the nail on the head. They are opportunists. They are seeking more money and unfortunately it will be easier to pay them off. They are a situation that can be handled through diplomatic means without compromising the safety of ourselves or our allies or at least that method should be tried. So far the only problem is their withdrawal from a treaty of which they have some history with this type of action. Now Iraq on the other hand has threatened the US and its allies, also we have tried diplomacy with Iraq for over 10 years without success. In the wake of 9/11 the real threat, as even stated in an interview with the Dems beloved Bill Clinton, is Saddam providing the terrorists with nuclear/biological or chemical weapons.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Marlago 35 FS, 18 Neptune CC
Default Donzi 38...

OOOOHHHHHH so sorry....wrong answer!!!!

Soc Sec is not social and definitely not secure! It is a con game that has gone on for years and is getting less solvent each year. When I am at retirement age (22 years, if they don't up it) there will only be 2 people working to pay for all my benefits. All I got to say is I hope they are making good money, cause I want all my money back in spades, just like the old folks are getting now. Once again this is a plan that started with the best of intentions(good feelings again) and is now going to crap.

Medicare and Medicaid are the main reason for the drastic increase in medical expenses and higher health insurance rates for everyone year after year. Since the gov't. can pick and choose what it pays and sets rates-who do you think has to pick up the tab for the difference between Medicare costs and the normal cost??? That's right, it's the insurance company or YOU!!! This raises the rates for all non-medicare patients and increases the need for health insurance-it's a never-ending cycle.

Nope, better come up with another liberal idea that has worked, these 2 are a flop.

Last edited by Ted G; 01-21-2003 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

BTW, I will put my money where my mouth is-if the gov't would let me out of SS and let me invest the 9 grand or so a year I put in myself, I would gladly let them keep everything they have already taken.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:34 PM
Tom
Registered

My Boats: 2000, BatBoat B24
Default Re: Great

Quote:
Originally posted by at100plus
[B]Tom - I'm glad you are objective enough to look to reason.

If you or anyone else tetering on the top of the wall from left to right needs to learn from hard facts, turn on the Fox News Channel.
I'm really sorry you did not understand my post. For clarification here it is again.

Quote:
Thank you so much for the links. When someone said "Tom, you don't have a freekin clue!" I had no idea how true that was. It was one of the most amazing times I have had following links and learning so much about what it means to be a conservative.

Before tonight I could not understand how you could be so pissed. When I searched to find out why I had been using the wrong keywords. The best I could find was http://www.patches.net/ and I couldn't figure out what the big deal was. It all makes sense to me now and there is no point in trying to raise the level of discourse. I am so sorry if I offended anyone with my ignorance.
Did they totally fool you guys with that "fair and balanced reporting" thing? What I am amazed by is how they have direct endorsements of hate groups, yet still claim to be objective. Didn't you know that Fox is a propaganda vehicle for the right wing? How can you list their two biggest stars as the standard bearers for conservatives, yet think they are not presenting a biased agenda? And you actually believe that Colmes represents Liberal viewpoints? He is a patsy in the great tradition of Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin.

I know nobody read my post because I would not have gotten the invite I did. I thought at least Nort would get a good chuckle out of it. Once again, there is no point in trying to raise the level of discourse. That is not an endorsement for your hatred.

Donzi38,
I honor you for trying to keep the debate going on intellectual arguments. I would love to explore your analysis since I find it stimulating and well thought out, as I have with many others positions. It just seems like a waste of time with every other post making no sense at all and so obsurdly defended with "Truth" like Bill Clinton is the resident evil with a list of crimes that should have him locked up forever. Not much room for debate with such "truth".

Last edited by Tom; 01-21-2003 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Registered

Default insptech

As I said they worked for years but do need a major overhaul. the reason you are at risk for not receiving payments is threefold, first working people have less babies than they used to hence the reduction in the ratio of paying vs. receiving, I'm not going to fault anyone for not predicting that action 50 years in advance. Second, people live longer hence they draw more money out than anticipated. Third the money was supposed to work as a savings account, that is the tax withheld today actually earns money for the 40 years we work and thus does not need supplementing by the then working masses. Of course this is not how it worked. The money is borrowed between government spending which lowers its earning potential. The fault for this is all politicians both D's and R's because nobody did what was necessary when it should have been done. As far as Medicare, it has little to nothing to do with rising insurance premiums. Now Medicaid which was not a program I listed does have a serious impact on rising healthcare costs along with illegal immigrants, no limits on malpractice awards and a whole lot of issues with hospitals that I do not even want to begin to elaborate on.

But really my point was these were programs that had a design to protect the elderly from starvation and provide basic medical care and it has done that for over 50 years. The mistake many people make is they assumed this would be all they would need. That was never the plan, just a safety net of sorts. If my car has an airbag it does not mean I still won't try to avoid the accident.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:58 PM
Registered

Default insptech

BTW I agree, give me the ability to invest that money for myself, I believe this is one of the possibilities to revitalize the program.
Old 01-21-2003, 11:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

But you made my point....the programs that the libs want always sound good to start, and then always go to Hell once implemented. As the program falters instead of doing the right thing(like you mentioned for SS) they simply bleat "It will work, it just needs more money" .

Over and over and over, this is how liberal ideas end up. The road to Hell is truly paved with good intentions(and a scheme to get more votes)
Old 01-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

North Korea well lets see we can start with that nobody Coward Truman Oh a democrat I Shouda known !!!

Then we go to the present day and the<<<<<<<<<<< failed Peanut Appease….. “can’t we all be friends"….. Misery Index ….Bull****…. Give Korea Food,Oil and 2 Nuclear reactors….Farmer Carter >>>>>>>> and Company

Lets not forget the Iranian situation the P.O.S also left in his Wake!! Which led to the present Day Iraq Problem..and just about every problem we have had since!!

See the worlds biggest Liars -> the Liberals (“L” Word again)do not mention that POINT.

Here is the one mistaken for a Hotel Maid.Another piece of garbage two of a kind pictured below.
Wonder if she left a Laptop in Korea also?
Attached Thumbnails
Al Queda Plans-two-kind-.jpg  
Old 01-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1992 Skater 24 w/ 1996 260 EFI Offshores
Default Well Tom

Your sarcasm is so much more logical than your true line of thinking, it was believable.