Notices

Lexus Gs 400

Old 02-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus Gs 400

I know its not boat related, could use some input. Just found out wife is pregnant...no. 2. very excited but can't justify the pick up anymore, really like these cars and the fact that they are a toyota makes me feel a little better buying used. any input about these machines or where i might find a good high end used car dealer in the charlotte nc area( just moved) would be greatly appreciated . thanks, bill
Old 02-15-2003, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

All Lexus inline six and V8 cars are virtually bulletproof. Like all high-end cars you want to find one with complete dealer service records (any dealer can check for you if you supply the VIN to them).

The GS400 is a real performer in a slick and comfortable package.

I still prefer the German cars more on emotion than on content, but I still feel the Jap GT's are almost "too good". They shift too smoothly, they are too quiet, they have a bit too much chassis isolation for my tastes. But the fact remains that they hold all the records for buyer satisfaction and reliability (as long as you don't include the ES250/ES300).

Sounds like Ambush has you covered on dealer connections, and you probably will be happier in the long run buying from a Lexus dealer cause you will make friends with them easier and will have some pull when it comes to service scheduling and loaner cars, etc.. (but you will certainly save money buying from an independent if that matters to you).

Good hunting.
Old 02-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had a 2003 GS 300 for about 4 months now and I can tell you that without question it is the best car I have ever owned. I test drove the Corvette, BMW 330 and 530, the Mercedes C320, CLK320, and E320, and the Audi A6. The GS is not the winner in every category but it is near the top in most. The car shifts smoother than any car I have ever been in and is so quiet all you can hear is a little tire noise on rough roads. Overall it is a great package. The GS 430 is supposed to be a real screamer. I didn't even test drive it because I knew than once I drove the V-8, the I-6 would never do. When I first got it, I was cruising across one of the long bridges in this area. Just tooling along minding my own business. I looked down and I was doing 105 MPH. This thing is deceptively smooth. Lexus will definately be at the top of my list when the lease is up on this one. Highly recommended.

Mike