Notices

Shotgun Muffler Tips???

Old 03-22-2003, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufflers

Bearpaw,
What the hell are you thinking of? If you were to quiet that Boat of yours, what would the people around here have to ***** about..
While they are *****ing about you they sorta forget about me...
And I'm going to run what I have, and thats the way its suppose to be, but good luck on being the church mouse in our area.
eliminator219
Old 03-22-2003, 09:21 AM
Registered

I had them on my formula, on and off. Dry pipes, 570 hp NA. They made quite a difference at idle but only at idle. I even put stronger springs in them to try and get under 90 db. Best i could do was 92 at idle. I liked them a lot.
Old 03-22-2003, 11:22 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

The Shotguns will not give you the db reducton that the Teagues will. They are totally different types of mufflers.

And like formula31 said, they give the most db reduction at idle. After that, you might as well have open exhaust (because the flap opens automatically and you basically have open exaust when this happens).

'Foul
Old 03-22-2003, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This all sounds great to me!! I'm just looking to cut down on the noise at an idle, plus if the water patrol see that I at least tried to quiet it down a little maybe they will be easy on me!! (I think when they hear a loud boat and see no muffler at all they tend to watch you a little closer!!)

Cat, you want to call Drew Marine or do you want me to??? anyone else need some???
Old 03-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Brad, Drew once offered a group discount to OSO if "we" ordered enough of them. Don't remember how many needed to be bought, but you might call and ask him.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Registered

Awesome product....I have them on a 375hp SBC and they are the ticket...They really take the bark off the noise yet still leave a nice solid rumble....Product is high quality with a simple design. You can make slight adjustments for the mid and top end. I push about 5400 Rpm's and they only open about 1/3 of the way. The sound for the most part exits downward at idle. At higher rpm's the pressure opens the flaps and lets some of the sound then go out the back but still at a somewhat downward angle. And Finally you can probally by 2 or 3 sets for the price of a set of Teagues or Imcos. Call Drew he is very good to talk to.

Bad-Habit

Last edited by BAD-HABIT; 03-22-2003 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:21 PM
572Daytona

I might be interested in some too. Does anyone know if they will work with Bassett Over the Transom headers? I've got the bassett mufflers in there now but they cost me several hundred RPM at WOT. From what the officer told me who gave me a ticket for running open headers In Georgia they just do a visual inspection to insure you have some sort of muffling device, there is no actual DB target.

Old 03-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Question Can anyone answer this question about the Shotguns?

Does anyone know if the Shotgun's are any quieter when they are in the FULLY OPEN possition??? When idling I want them to take the "snap" or "kackel" out, BUT when I go on plane I want them to open up to a FULL OPEN possition and I want ALL the DB sound my engines make as if the Shotguns were NOT even installed at all! I may be interested in 2 sets of the 4.5" ones myself.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:39 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

572Eliminator, they come in 4" and 4 1/2" ID so they slip OVER your exhaust tips/headers. I have seen them on over the transom headers before.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Registered

Yeah Brad you know I need some. Those ones I got I don't think will work. I'll talk to you about this tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Shotgun Muffler Tips???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.