Notices

Shotgun Muffler Tips???

Old 03-22-2003, 04:04 PM
572Daytona

Thanks for the reply, Waterfoul. So I'm assuming since I have 4" collectors on the Bassetts that I would need the 4" Shotguns then?

Old 03-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 572Daytona
Thanks for the reply, Waterfoul. So I'm assuming since I have 4" collectors on the Bassetts that I would need the 4" Shotguns then?
Seems reasonable.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally posted by 572Daytona
From what I have seen over the years, the "over the transom" style of Bassett Headers usually have somewhat of a "flair" or "bell" shape at the very end of the tailpipe. So make sure you've got the correct measurements before you order------Either way I am sure Drew Marine can get you point in the right direction.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:17 PM
Registered

Kaama, I had the original ones. They had holes drilled in the flapper plate, not like the new ones with the holes in the bottom of the pipe. They will open fully at wot and dont have any backpressure. I think you can still get those.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:50 PM
572Daytona

Originally posted by KAAMA
From what I have seen over the years, the "over the transom" style of Bassett Headers usually have somewhat of a "flair" or "bell" shape at the very end of the tailpipe. So make sure you've got the correct measurements before you order------Either way I am sure Drew Marine can get you point in the right direction.
I've seen those too, but mine are the more modern style that are just straight thru. Now don't look at this picture too many times or I'm going to have to charge for the bandwidth

Old 03-22-2003, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default FYI for sale Shot GUNS

I have a pair for sale 4.5" for sale 250$
Old 03-22-2003, 11:06 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad Girl, I have to ck my pipes. I may be interested.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

Kaama, in full open position, the shot-gun tips are not any quieter. Around the dock, or at idle speeds, the piston is keeping flapper closed and forcing thru holes in bottom of tips. This directs exhaust toward the water. Once, you start opening up the throttles, pressure from exhaust is over-riding piston force which results in flaps opening up. Brings back that sweet sound of a regular thru-hull! Great product, simple & reliable. Also can adjust pressure as to how quick they open-up.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I've got over 100 hr.s on mine and, I too, really like them. Their design is a great example of the KISS, (Keep It Simple Stupid) theory!
MD
Old 03-23-2003, 07:16 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I might be interested in a set.. I have talked to Drew about the ones I have now, with holes in the plate, he said they are very old and the new ones are better. I am running a them at the end of my Borla mufflers with dry exhaust all the way out.
So count me in on a good price if possible. Drew also told me that my motor would require a set with more holes in them, so that info would be needed from each customer..

Dick

Quick Reply: Shotgun Muffler Tips???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.