Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New 2003 Tahoe, problems already!! >

New 2003 Tahoe, problems already!!

Notices

New 2003 Tahoe, problems already!!

Old 03-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2003 Tahoe, problems already!!

Well I got a new tahoe, loaded, leather, sunroof for the wife. she called me at work yesterday and said the car will NOT turn off. She had the keys in her hand and the car was still running!! My 20 month old son kept saying Mommy the car is running. That was the funniest part. Took it to the dealership and they had to replace the ignition switch. The car only has 200 miles on it ! Anybody else had this problem? It was funy at the time but the service guy had a ear full when I got there. Any feedback?

Rick
Old 03-26-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Just wondering why did the service guy get an ear full. Did he give you a hard time about replacing it? He didn't install the switch the factory did.
Old 03-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He said to my wife, it'll be fixed in an hour.(Told me on the phone 30 min, they wern't that busy and a tech was wainting for us) Then, it's almost done (30min later) then almost done again (45 min later) then he's bringing it right up (20 min later). Finally got the truck. If he would of said leave it for a few hours then I would have gone home with the wife and very tired, cranky son. Not sit there for the afternoon. He didn't get reemed (that bad)but I said why don't you be honest and tell me to come back in a few hours not keep us sitting around. He said the tech was retarded and It had to be sent to another tech for completion
Old 03-26-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default dealer

i agree , its all in how you are treated. DON'T LIE TO ME!!!!!! i just picked up a new car saturday, drove it home , parked it. opened the back door monday to put my suit jacket in and see white flakes. the paint is peeling in the jamb!!!! i go by the dealer monday , the salesman is obviously apologetic. so we go back to service and the guy has an attitude like of course we'll fix it but the person who decides whether to fix it there or outsource it isn't there but don't worry we'll take care of it...NO SH*T you will. I'm the one who has the gripe here or the car will end up back in your showroom , through the window!!!! i try to be patient and tolerant but man i hate stupid people who act like a**holes. i feel your pain.