Like Tree0Likes

(OT)Divorce input please..

Old 04-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Registered

bottom line: giver her only what she deserves. not what you deserve.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:15 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

My Boats: 2000 36 OUTLAW SOLD SHOPPING

Quote:
Originally posted by OSOsweet
Ya I do. She by no means wants a divorce, but I don't think I'm going to live with this well. I'm a highly loyal and man of my word and this kind off stuff burns me to the bone. But can I say she truly loves me by her actions?

I see an opportunity to make out of this with my shirt and livelihood. An option that may never be available again.

Thanks!
If she had an affair, there was a problem to begin with. If you both TRUELY love eachother seek counseling, find out why it happened. If it's correctable YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS !!!

If you can't honestly say to yourselves you love one another, or it's not worth it to you to try, then it was never going to work in the first place. I agree with the others. No matter what she says now,,,, as soon as she starts getting other peoples input you will be sending her a monthly check from your buisness.
Old 04-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.

I would do what you can to get out now and ahead with all of your things intact. Obviously you are hurt really bad, and see this as your only option. If you do this as cheaply and easily as possible, there maybe the option of one day down the road revisting this relationship.

I was in a relationship similar to ChrisK. We were both young, and she wronged me bad. I wanted to work things out, and did everything I could, including 'officially' moving in with her. It was the worst mistake of my life. I was lucky I got out with myself and possessions intact, not to mention my career.

Since then I have found the most amazing person on earth, my fiance Neda. The old awful relationship ended in July with a quick and wrong revist in October. I met Neda in November, and we were engaged in February. What a ride it has been, and I am so thankful to have gotten out when I did, and see what the entire world has opened up to show me. 2002 was the worst year of my life before November. November on- and 2003, has been such a whirlwind, I can't even put into words how happy I am.

Give yourself this opportunity to see what the world has in store for you. Anything is possible, with someone new, or possibly even a re-visit someday after lots of individual healing. Couple healing in this situation DOES NOT work; and is a waste of time and money.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-14-2003 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

My Boats: 2000 36 OUTLAW SOLD SHOPPING

Well,,, you wanted different opinions,,, you got them !!!!!!!!!

The reason I say its worth a shot,, a couple months longer is not a big deal,,, if its not looking up then seperate.

To divorce is a quick easy way out that will affect your kids forever.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:50 PM
OSOsweet

Quote:
Originally posted by Sydwayz
I would do what you can to get out now and ahead with all of your things intact. Obviously you are hurt really bad, and see this as your only option. If you do this at cheaply and easily as possible, there maybe the option of one day down the road revisting this relationship.

I was in a relationship similar to ChrisK. We were both young, and she wronged me bad. I wanted to work things out, and did everything I could, including 'officially' moving in with her. It was the worst mistake of my live. I was lucky I got out with myself and possessions intact, not to mention my career.

Since then I have found the most amazing person on earth, my fiance Neda. The old awful relationship ended in July with a quick and wrong revist in October. I met Neda in November, and we were engaged in February. What a ride it has been, and I am so thankful to have gotten out when I did, and see what the entire world has opened up to show me. 2002 was the worst year of my life before November. November on- and 2003, has been such a whirlwind, I can't even put into words how happy I am.

Give yourself this opportunity to see what the world has in store for you. Anything is possible, with someone new, or possibly even a re-visit someday after lots of individual healing. Couple healing in this situation DOES NOT work; and is a waste of time and money.
I have brother?!?! This is my exact thoughts, you put them down better than I.

Old 04-13-2003, 12:59 PM
OSOsweet

Quote:
Originally posted by obnoxus
Well,,, you wanted different opinions,,, you got them !!!!!!!!!

The reason I say its worth a shot,, a couple months longer is not a big deal,,, if its not looking up then seperate.

To divorce is a quick easy way out that will affect your kids forever.
You are right! But I feel better about my decisions when I know all my options.

I hear you on the time, but please take into consideration a few months and her feelings will change and this could mean allot of money and my living, wait, and my boat! If I revisit and I believe it's likely I will, it will be on my terms and I'm back in the drivers seat.

We are both great parents and they will be fine, if mom and dad aren't happy together I can't see how they would benifit. Thanks again all!

-B