Notices

D-max done right!

Old 04-29-2003, 09:30 PM
tunnelvision

WILL THE BANKS EXAUST ALTER THE WARENTEE ?

Old 04-29-2003, 10:04 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, exhaust won't affect the warantee. Technically the edge unit won't either. But I know of alot of people that have had warantee problems because of the edge unit. Somebody actually deprogrammed their truck for service and the dealer still could tell that the truck HAD been modified was reverted back to stock.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:40 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Is it a requirement to get the exhaust and new air cleaners in order to use the new more powerful chip??
Old 04-30-2003, 05:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

TODD, No. I have the K&n tube snorkel air cleaner, but no exhuast. The exhuast would definetly help and am doing that to the 2003 model. Have not had 1 problem with my module, and highly recomend Edge.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Sorry i didnt respond earlier but i was out sick all last week after i posted this. Karls truck has the K&N filtercharger kit on it along with the Banks catback kit...if thats what they call it on the diesels. He also has a Banks exhaust brake installed on the truck........helps warm the truck up faster among other things......yes he has the boost and EGT gauges mounted in the pillar of the truck. Karl did most if not all the work himself including the lift. After he watched me do the lift on my dually i guess he knew what was involved!
The tires are 35" ProComp X-terrains and those are ProComp Trac bars on the rear. The fenders were professionally cut and rolled to fit the flares.....they did an awesome job! I'll try and get some pics of the Killer stereo system up here in a few.....4 8" subs mounted on the back wall with 2 nice big chrome amps.....LCD's mounted in the visors and a pop out nav system in the dash! Killer!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:14 PM
bobby daniels

Originally posted by ActiveThunderTodd
Is it a requirement to get the exhaust and new air cleaners in order to use the new more powerful chip??
Nope but rember all a motor is is a big air pump the more in and out the better h.p. and torque,ie blowers,turbos

also try for the whole banks kit with new pipe to turbo

Old 05-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Wally,

Can you post the pics of the sound system that I installed in that truck? We never took pics before it left.

Andy Buzz