racing today and yesterday

Notices

racing today and yesterday

Old 05-09-2003, 09:07 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

This is actually a pretty good thread......eh?

T2x
Old 05-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by T2x
This is actually a pretty good thread......eh?

T2x
Yeah, reasonable, no yelling, polite and informative.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:10 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they have a p class in BMX where you can run new ideas like multispeed gearboxes? It seems to me that those ideas would have helped avoid cramps and safer cornering speeds.

Steve and I finally have something in common. We were both banned by a sponsoring group.

pat W
Old 05-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Jeff

make the factory f2 guys move up to a real race boat, in looks and sound and canopys (sv boats) then you would have something worth watching 20 30 40 boats running high 90's. Tight track crashing back and forth to each other deck to deck. (this is what happens on these speedway courses, why not make canopys manditory before someone else dies.) To the average fan, the factory classes are another boat from the cove with decals. Why is it a pro class? Someone watching just isn't getting it..............Answer: To bring in boats, because everyone that has a twin with 500efi's is a pro-class racer? I see it has uneeded serious danger in the game now. ( and don't give me that crap about if you can't handle it don't race, becuase there are way too many pleasure boats that will smoke f2's and super cats for that matter) You get 40 boats in SV then you will have "A Big Show"

Old 05-09-2003, 04:03 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Actually 20 single engine "A" boats (SV lite or whatever) would be pretty trick.

T2x
Old 05-10-2003, 04:34 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Steve here is my list from the last 10 years in the marine world.

JMB- 2SPEED W REV
S3S- 3SPEED W REV
S4S- 4SPEED W REV
S6S- 6SPEED
BMF- 13.5 DROP BOX W REV
WMK- 13.5 DROP BOX COUNTER ROTATING
WBD- 4.5 DROP BOX COUNTER ROTATING
W4D- 4 SPEED DIESEL
W4G- 4 SPEED GAS

AS FOR THE DRIVES

WS- #6 DRY-SUMP
SW- #6A DRY-SUMP
WSD- SURFACE DRIVE
WMD- MARINE DRIVE

This is a shared list between uim and apba. The drive list is still legal in Europe.

We put a lot of time and effort into our designs. What do you think our investment has been?

pat W
Old 05-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
In fact.......I'd rather see them in Tunnel Boats......

Maybe, I have a prejudice against pleasure boats but to me an idle viewer prefers rail dragsters to stock bodies, hydros to monohulls...and real race boats to runabouts.

T2x
T2x,

I also think that the tunnel boats make for a more exciting form of boat racing for example In the class I'm involved in we race a 16' tunnel my avitar shows our boat on the left from last year. We raced 18 to 24 boats at every race 20 lap final on a 3/4 to 1 mile 4 bouy course. Top speed for these boats with SST60 outboard is around 100mph. No less than 4 of those finals had 1 & 2 finishing with .5 to 1 sec between them and for the first time a tie for the series championship. And most of these races were on rivers or small lakes that anyone watching is within 100yds of the action.
I can say also that I think the smaller offshore boats are more exciting to watch from a spectators point of view because everyone likes big air.

Grin & Barrett
Old 05-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Registered

Thumbs up G&B

I personally love to watch you guys run. Having raced inboard, we used to race with you guys and I got hooked.

Good luck this year
Scott
Old 05-10-2003, 10:13 PM
Registered

Pat W. It does seem APBA has been especially hard on you. I hope your drive becomes legal soon. I am sure you have tons of $$ in development cost. I love to see innovation rewarded not stopped.
Good Luck
Old 05-11-2003, 10:34 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Thanks mmwalters. We are still forging ahead.
Laith went into tunnel boats and has been doing well. They still lost a friend of mine last year in europe. There is a push to have i\o in uim F1 because of the ban on 2-strokes on lakes in Europe.
If that happens it will be very interesting.
pat W

Quick Reply: racing today and yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.