Notices

APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Old 05-15-2003, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
Shane:

I think Grin's question has to do with the potential for extra liability insurance cost because of low flying aircraft over the race courses....... not who pays for the aircraft flight time.

T2x
Oopps. Sorry. I can be a little slow on the uptake.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by T2x
Unless I'm missing something....This thread is taking a lot of the "mystery" out of this issue......and many of us are learning a lot........and I think it is a healthy and open exercise......

in a healthy and open forum.

T2x

Agreed.

If you'd like to learn more, you must visit here

There's some good information....
Old 05-15-2003, 08:48 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Daze, that's a great link for info.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered

After speaking with a member of the Offshore category by phone, the SEA-TAC plan was discussed, this member had a different version of the plan from the official plan that was actually voted on in Seatle. The Official plan is posted at http://www.apba.org/Forms/APBARestru...lan_FH_816.pdf
any other plans floating around were not voted on. this other plan didn't have in it were the Performance BOD would elect a Chairman and that Chairman would also be the President of APBA,
which is why Steve Hearn is President.

Grin
Old 05-15-2003, 10:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is extremely convenient.
http://www.geocities.com/sponsonhead/proxy2003.html
Old 05-15-2003, 11:27 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Baja Daze
This is extremely convenient.
http://www.geocities.com/sponsonhead/proxy2003.html
Yes Nick this was done so that members that could not be at Detroit meetings could vote thru Ed Hearn as was aloud by the By-Laws of APBA in effect at the time. It was also announced by other category chairs to either attend the meetings in person or give proxy to another member that would attend in your stead, did your category chair do the same, he did know in advance that some kind of "MEMBERSHIP" action was going to take place. That is what happened in Detroit, it was not at a board meeting as some have said, it was at a membership meeting. After which the BOD took action. I have also learned that since no 2003 memberships have been sent to HQ from the LLC Mike A. is not a member in good standing so he can no longer hold any position on the BOD.

Information on memberships is coming my way from Detroit as soon as I get it all together I'll post.

Grin .
Old 05-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Grin:

So Alweiss is not a member of APBA? He's doing pretty well to not even be a member. Maybe you should venture down to Marathon this weekend. C'mon dude - off the couch! BH
Old 05-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grin:

One more thing - you started off being neutral in this " fact finding mission" - now it seems like you are all about riding Alweiss's ass. Tell me your not going to hold some type of title with the boys in Michigan. I was asked - you know my answer! BH
Old 05-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Matt,
Yes, but is it to vote through Hearn? Or is it a substitute vote instead of the undersigned?
Why not just write a certified letter to vote? Seems like a fishy way to sway things.

I await your information.

And Brian: My observations, too. Detroit speaks in mysterious ways.

Last edited by Baja Daze; 05-15-2003 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:18 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Okay guys......let's stay on point..... The outcries in the past were that these threads became personal. Grin has not attacked anybody...... He did make a statement about Mike A's membership status in the eyes of APBA Detroit. As far as behind the scenes "offers" and "maneuvers". BOTH sides are quite capable of launching a "Hillary".... so let's make sure they don't land here...and keep to the available facts. If you have a quote or document from either an APBA or LLC official attempting to coerce or conspire....than lay it out there....but please let's refrain from references to behind the scenes activities without detailing same.

This thread is the best attempt at opening an issue to sunlight that I've seen in a long time........ from any organization. Check your allegiances and prejudices at the door and we might get somewhere.

T2x

Quick Reply: APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.