Notices

APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Old 05-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On thing is certain. The LLC doesn't want to loose the APBA name and use of LOGO. Although by their actions, it seems like they want to kill the deal.

I just can't get a read as to why they didn't just live up to the deal. They didn't seem that far off from making all the payments. It also seems that there was a lot of communication in the past between the LLC and Detroit so they had plenty of time to work things out.

The longer this lingers, the worst it seems to get. I guess the ball is in Detroit's court right now as they need to push this thing in one direction or another. It seems the LLC is not working to solve the problem.

I'm also sure there is plenty of legal wrangling going on that we don't know about.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Registered

Originally posted by THEJOKER
Grin:

One more thing - you started off being neutral in this " fact finding mission" - now it seems like you are all about riding Alweiss's ass. Tell me your not going to hold some type of title with the boys in Michigan. I was asked - you know my answer! BH
Brian,

Since Mike has stopped answering my emails and my questions I can not give his side. I'm still just posting information as I get it.
nothing else. As far as holding any title in APBA unless someone puts my name on a ballot that won't happen.

I have received the membership info from Detroit. I will look back on earlier posts and answer those questions if I can. I wish I that I could come to Marathon as I have family in FL. But since I have not worked since Valentines day I can not afford it, but it has left me with the time do do the research that I have done. I will be attending any poker runs or other events that are in my area and that my wife will allow me to attend. I would like to meet as many of you as possible. If you feel that I am attacking MA you are mistaken I am just posting inf. as I come across it. He knows were to contact me if I misspeak.

Grin

Last edited by Grin&Barrett; 05-15-2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Registered

To the APBA of all stripes, their respective lawyers and surrogates: Here is some free advice. I usually charge for it. I have spent many, many years advising large corporations in how to handle their public communications, especially in how to handle a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease.

I advise you to stop immediately washing your dirty laundry in front of your paying constituents. They will desert you.

I advise you to cease immediately spreading doubt about the validity of memberships and/or insurance coverage. If your constituents doubt you, they will desert you.

I advise you to cease immediately driving the few sponsors away that are left. They will run if they aren't aölready gone.

If you have issues, settle them in the proper venue, but not in front of your members or your sponsors. They will desert you.

An association's reason for being is to promote the interests of its members. An association doesn't own its members. It provides services for money. An association should never ever hold members hostage or as a pawn. They will not like it. They will go elsewhere.

What's done here is public harakiri. It's driving the membership nuts and the sponsors away. The whole thing is pathetic. The sums are pathetic. If you can't come to a business-like agreement, go to arbitration. Or to small claims court. If all else fails, seek professional advice.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally posted by T2x
So........to keep it simple, the issues are now threefold.

2. The membership fee allocation to/from Offshore VS. other divisions? Is there a logical reason for the inequity and/or is it simply because the Offshore community "can afford it"?

T2x
Here's what I have to date. I will just cover Racing memberships only If there are questions about other memberships I will address them as they come in.

ABPA dues are as follows the first fee is the discounted fee if you pay before Feb 28 of any year the second is the full fee after that date. Each group is form a different year starting with 2000 to 2003

Super Category ($175, $250), ($175, $250), same, same
(includes S.O., M.O., P.O.)

Stock Outboard
Modified Outboard
Pro Outboard ($140, $215), ($140, $215), same, same

OPC ($175, $250), ($175, $250), same, same

J Class ($70, $75) same, same, same

Outboard Drag ($130, $205), same, same, same

Unlimited ($250, $325) same, ($260, $335), same
Contact LLC for equipment registration fees

Inboard Endurance ($165, $240) same, same, same

Inboard Driver only-no equipment ($165, $240), same, same, same
Boat owner and/or driver ($200, $275) same, same, same

Performance Inflatable D-only ($120, $120) same, same, same
O &/or D 1boat ($150, $150), same, same
($90 each add boat)

Offshore ($200, $250), ($250, $300), ($260, $310), ($260, $310)
Equipment fees go directly to category and are set by the category in this case the LLC

As you can see the membership fees paid by racers have not changed much, in Offshore you are paying $10 dollars more to APBA now than in 2000, of the above fees all categories receive $6 for each racing membership to use for there category expenses. Offshore LLC receives another $50 from each there Racing memberships. That is what the additional fee is in Offshore.

Grin

Last edited by Grin&Barrett; 05-15-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Peconic

I advise you to stop immediately washing your dirty laundry in front of your paying constituents. They will desert you.

I advise you to cease immediately driving the few sponsors away that are left. They will run if they aren't aölready gone.

If you have issues, settle them in the proper venue, but not in front of your members or your sponsors. They will desert you.
With all due respect........Horse Feathers........

This sport has survived, drug lords, murderers, embezzlers, design thieves, Scam artists, Movie Stars, politics and.....lawyers,.
Most of which make this issue sound like a tea party.

I submit the primary reason behind this mess is the very "bury your head in the sand....or any convenient orifice" attitude posted above. If the membership had been afforded an open and honest account in the first place rather than hiding "Dirty Laundry", this whole thing never would have happened.

Your post indicates a plea to deal from a position of fear and weakness....... which never works....and simultaneously encourages the bold and ruthless among us to run amuck..... "behind the scenes".

T2x
Old 05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Registered

I don't care what you think or whether you think at all. The sport may have survived drug lords. But neither APBA will survive without paying members and paying sponsors. Which might be a blessing. Nothing settles a dispute faster than a lack of money on both sides.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:57 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Peconic
Nothing settles a dispute faster than a lack of money on both sides.
We may have passed that point already.

T2x
Old 05-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Registered

Exclamation Equipment Fees not paid to APBA HQ

Here is a list of Annual Equipment Fees from 2000 to 2003, 1st if paid before Feb 28, 2nd if paid after.

Super Series: $1000, $1150
Factory Series: $500, $650
Outlaw Series: $400, $550
Production (Local) $200, $350

Super Series: $1000, $1150
Factory Series: $600, $700
Outlaw Series: $400, $550
Outlaw Performance Series: $200, $200

Super Series:
Super Cat, Super Vee: $1500, $1650
SVL, SCLI, SCLOTWIN, SCLOTRIP: $800, $950
Factory Series: $800, $950
Outlaw Series: $600, $750
Outlaw Performance Series: $400, $400

Same as 2002

This seems to be were all the major increases in raceing fees have been for Offshore have come from and all these fees are set by and go directly to the LLC.

Grin

Last edited by Grin&Barrett; 05-15-2003 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Default Non-Racing Fees

Here are the fees for non racing members. And how the fees are split.

2000-2001

General non racing member Offshore $60=$55 ABPA + $5 LLC

Crewmember $110= $55 APBA + $55 LLC

Referee, Scorer, Inspector, Regatta Official $60= $55 APBA + $5 LLC

No info on other categories for these years.

2002-2003

Inboard Crew (includes pit pass) $75= $55 APBA + $20 Inboard

Offshore Crew $115= $55 APBA + $60 LLC

Offshore Member $65 = $55 APBA + $10 LLC

ALL other participating memberships $55

As you can see APBA membership fees have stayed the same for at least 4 yrs. Only increases coming from LLC

The figures that I have posted in my last 3 posts all came from membership application for APBA and ABPA Offshore for years ending 2000-2003 these are the forms that everyone fills out if not joining online.

Grin
Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Grin:

It looks like MA has written you off - your comment that he is not a member of APBA surely has not helped your cause in getting replies from him. The LLC will win their case and then you'll have BOYF. haha - now that's a true grin - BH

Quick Reply: APBA Bod Who's in charge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.