Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long) >

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Notices

Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Old 06-02-2003, 08:01 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Zyzzyx2123
Bill,
Take it easy will ya! Just poking fun. Do you have stock in the company or something?
No I don't.

I came across CG the same way, forums. I read about it in some detailing forums. After all I read, I decided to try a bottle, heck WHY not?

The results I got (on the car) blew me away. It wasn't just a tad better, but ALOT better.

In the detailing forums I wondered how it would look on a boat. (at this time I was ok with what I used on the boat- Klasse and/or Mequires) The guys at CG saw that I had a boat and offered me 2 small bottles of CGQ to try on the boat and let *them* know what I thought. The too mentioned the "speed thing". I didn't want to mention that because A) I didn't try it on the bottom b) I too am skeptical of bottom "treatments" c) I figured I would get the same *cough* bull**** *cough* response.

As you can see, I (and many of my friends)was blown away with the results. Being on OSO a looong time, I thought it would be nice to share my experience and maybe introduce something that really works as well as the mfg says it does.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 06-02-2003, 08:44 AM
mlitefan

Well stated Bill. Seems to me that the money we spend on these "toys", complaining about a 25 dollar bottle of shiny stuff seems trivial...especially if it works like it seems to. I think I am going to give it a shot...

Bill, how is your boat shine holding up?

Old 06-02-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope all the that try this will follow up with results. I've also fallen for some of this crap before. I appreciate the 10% disc. But' for a limited time, I prefer to see what happens and just pay the extra $5.
Old 06-02-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered

I like some of the postings in this thread where Tako says it is a teflon and then Diamond Jim follows it up with a post that says it isn't a teflon. Then they don't answer questions about whether or not it has UV protection and how to remove it once it is applied. Then they say it will make your boat go faster. Then they say they spend 1500 hours a year on the water. Dang that's 30 hours per week average! I guess I am a bit envious. Maybe it is just me but it seems as though there are some inconsistancies to this. BillR has stated all along he is happy with it. Bill has credibility but I have to ask how long has he had it on his boat and I still would like RonS's questions answered. I too have fell for this kind of product in the past only to be greatly disappointed.
Old 06-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Registered

3.) A product that will so radically improve the appearance of your boat that everyone else will just stay at the dock rather than be embarrassed to be seen with you.
4.) Make you a magnet for babes in thongs.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bill has credibility but I have to ask how long has he had it on his boat and I still would like RonS's questions answered.
Answers WOULD be nice.....

I had my boat on a work rack next to Bill the day he applied it. Everthing he has said is true, except we have no baseline for durability since the friggin weather will not allow us to get any seat time in. Last weekend was another pass. So I applied another coat of Macquires (to the sides) for some beautiful results. Cost....about $5 worth. Time....with me power waxing and the wife buffing....about 20 minutes. Should be good to go for another month or so.

Sorry Bill, I just had to go there. But I am VERY interested to see how well the CG holds up!
Old 06-02-2003, 11:46 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Originally posted by mlitefan
Well stated Bill. Seems to me that the money we spend on these "toys", complaining about a 25 dollar bottle of shiny stuff seems trivial...especially if it works like it seems to. I think I am going to give it a shot...

Bill, how is your boat shine holding up?
I have had it on the car(s) since before Easter, and the car still shines like I just waxed it. The boat has been about 3 weeks and still looks incredible. By my standards, CG has already out lasted Klasse and Mequires Flagship. I hope it lasts a looong time.

I was thinking of going to the marina this week and applying a second coat. If it gives the same results as my car, the second and third coat make a pretty significant difference.
Mac, I oughta do one side of your boat or do one side of superhawaii40's boat (esp. the bottom).
IF I read correctly Rons is going to get a free sample for him to professionally try out, so I guess sometime soon we will hear from him.
Confidence is high!

As far as UV (and more) the answers can be found at www.crystalguard.com
here is something I copied:
Since the sealant is glass-based, no rust, environmental acid or salt can penetrate the surface, thus no corrosion of the CrystalGuard layering, and most importantly, your auto’s paintwork. Lastly, CrystalGuard eliminates the need to wax your vehicle. Simply wash and watch it shine! Amazingly, the car will also retain its gorgeous luster even after no washing for months!

• 800% more durable than other leading brands
• Brightness: upon application, an increase in shine is 33% more predominate
• Shields against UV rays, salt, air, snow, sleet, insects, road film, bird droppings, pine pitch, harsh detergents and contaminants
• CrystalGuard withstands extreme weather conditions, between –31 F (-35 C) and 572 F (300 C)
• Saves money from waxing and detailing

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 06-02-2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BillR

• 800% more durable than other leading brands
How could they have possibly come up with that figure?????
Old 06-02-2003, 11:58 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

I have no clue.

Here are some more people that have tried this stuff:
http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part=

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=28636

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...threadid=26774

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 06-02-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Registered

Bill did any of you cars have any plastic composite on it when you applied the CG? What were the results? I just bought an 03' truck Saturday and I've been following this thread before that closely for my boat, however, I am curious about how I would need to apply this CG to my truck?

My truck has those composite type wheel flares, some composite type bumper over the chrome and some composite type door flares. All this stuff has NO paint, it is the black looking composite. What do you do in regards to this stuff?

Tako & Diamond.....Will the CG damage composite type plastic or can it be applied to that also? Wouldjn't it be hard to keep this CG away from this stuff since it is a liquid and not a paste if it should come into contact with the composite type plastic? Know what I mean?

Thanks,
Mike

Quick Reply: Make your boat shine, and say goodbye to wax (long)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.