Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The truth about Keith Eickert >

The truth about Keith Eickert

Notices

The truth about Keith Eickert

Old 06-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just gotta put my name in the hat real quick...wanna see if this is still here when I get home tonight.

Buck
Old 06-19-2003, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How come when Keith Eickert was running the show he did not have to "reorganize"?
Old 06-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Firewalker

Just droping my name in the hat.

Old 06-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I hope they get this mess fixed soon I need to buy 3 Pre-Lubers for my Fountain. I dont know If I should buy KE or some other brand.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Registered

Don't flame the messager here, but remember KE did for some reason I do not know took on a partner. If he had not done that where would KE be today?
Old 06-19-2003, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

somewhere in fla?
Old 06-19-2003, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF, in fact, (and mind you that's a big if, I know nothing of this situation save for what I read here) KEPP and the "notorious" Miss (Ms? I get so confused these days) sullivan drained the company she was a partner in, she will receive her just rewards in time. Mr. Eickert, if taken for a ride as has been suggested, will continue doing business and build up an even stronger, more loyal customer base than he previously enjoyed.
It will be interesting to as what the truth is when it finally reveals itself. I just hope it does. I, like nearly everyone on this board, does from time to time purchase the goods and services of the people in the boating industry. I do not knowingly, and will not, support ANY company that has, or is even associated with (Sterling, you listening?) a person/company that has taken a company from someone who built it from the ground up.
I hope for Sterling's sake all this can be cleared up in a satisfactory manner.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well put SummerObsession. I have only been to Mr. Eickert's shop once (in 2000), but I was very impressed. I will specifically do business with him again if it turns out that he was taken advantage of (politely stated).

The performance boating community is a small, and for the most part, well informed group. In most cases, the good guys do not finish last.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:58 PM
CRUBOSS

at one time keith eickert built some of the best engines on the face of the earth. ms. sullivan has not.

keith built the parts buisness for the marine industry after starting his career with mercury marine , and being involved with many winning race teams.

julie sullivan got into the performance boating market in chicago , ill. she bought a marina and ran that into the ground. then got her foot in the door at keith eickert with some smooth talking and alot of "now broken" promises.

she ran around with an outer limits with eickert engines in it. you may have gotten a glimps of her at several poker runs.

some of the poker runs she (as a kepp officer) sponsered. against keith's approval. some of these events had to hound her for the payment. she likes to play the big roll , but does not like to pay for it.

by the way... the outer limits was reposesed by the bank and sold at action. more payments she did not want to make.

the list of creditors that are looking for money is very long.
and these "accounting errors" she blames on her accountants. or employees stealing from the company.

these are the same employees that helped put keith eickert on the map. and helped it grow to be known as a worldwide credible engine and parts supplier.

now...not one of the key employees work for the "new" company.
nor do they plan on going back. this does not sound like the fore mentioned " win - win " situation.

she ( ms sullivan ) is a slick talking , manipulitive , gold digging. person.

all i can say is , hold on to your money. and follow a proven , honest , company. not a catchy phrase , and alot of broken promises.

Old 06-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Raypanic
I hope they get this mess fixed soon I need to buy 3 Pre-Lubers for my Fountain. I dont know If I should buy KE or some other brand.
It's free advice, so it's worth exactly what you paid for it, but I'll restate my feelings from another thread.

The appeal of KEPP parts/engines/whatever was the fact that Keith Eickert was more than the name on the box, he was the guy behind the product. That is no longer the case, and there are lots of folks that build similar widgets.

As always, YMMV....

Quick Reply: The truth about Keith Eickert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.