Notices

Key West WorldsThe Truth.

Old 09-16-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd pay 200 just to have this over with. Unfortunately I have invited several friends and their significant others to KW. Money spent and time off. Too late undo the trip.
WE've been planning since last year.

I'll pay 400 if APBA agrees to never again use Mills.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally posted by gary nichols
Orange Beach will be a lot more fun and a hell of a lot cheaper!
Gary,
Sorry I missed this, pre coffee. It sounds pretty positive.
You, your crew and your town showed us one of the best times we have had. If you step in here it will be a blessing for everyone that races. SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:12 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Dredgeking
peconic, we'll see if he calls .... sometimes people do not communicate well on public forums. sometimes the message gets mixed.

Dredge: This ain't brain surgery. One paragraph will suffice. If they can't spit out a single paragraph, then I would suggest they look for other employment. From past experience, Mike seems to be pretty adept at using this forum.

Lee's paragraph: "The Key West Investment Syndicate is glad to announce that the 2003 Key West Offshore World Championships are sanctioned by ................... , the world authority for power boat racing. For more information, see http://www.keywestosworlds.com. "

Mike's paragraph: "Due to developments beyond our control, the APBA and UIM sanctioned 2003 Offshore World Championships will not take place in Key West. The venue has been moved to ....... We regret any inconvenience this may have caused. As a token of our great appreciation for the racing community, we offer you a $200 cash-back on your registration fees. For more information, see http://www.apba-offshore.com ."

Last edited by Peconic; 09-16-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can Mills be bypassed? Why not talk to Key West Direct? Does he have an exclusive licence or monopoly on "Key West Worlds?"

Last edited by Baja Daze; 09-16-2003 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:22 AM
Registered

Baja: One thing is for sure .. if there are massive cancellations, empty hotel rooms and deserted bars in the middle of November, the Key West Chamber of Commerce will use whoever caused this as shark bait.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Registered

Has anyone confirmed the point that someone made earlier in one of these threads about the actual race course? Is it going to run into the Harbor again this year or be outside? The website says Harbor but I had heard different. Last year was great, until that little Cruise ship "snuk" in and you couldn't see sh*t. Talk about poor planning. How much is the actual sanction fee? As Nick said, it seems that Key West would have a vested interest to pay that to get the APBA name hooked to this event. How about a temporary $0.25 a beer tax. You could pay it in 2 days with the amount of beer that's consumed. I know I'd do my part.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I hope so, Peconic. The island was absolutely packed the last two years. It would definately be a dramatic drop-off.

I wonder if we shouldn't make the Key West Officials aware of this mess with our collective voices.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally posted by FountainCS
about a temporary $0.25 a beer tax. You could pay it in 2 days with the amount of beer that's consumed.
Team Typhoon would take care of any outstanding bills instantaneously with that tax ....
Old 09-16-2003, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That tax would set us up for the next three years.

For what it's worth:

Key West Mayor, Jimmy Weekley:
[email protected]

Key West Chember of Commerce:
[email protected]
Old 09-16-2003, 11:06 AM
Registered

peconic, buddy, i'm not going to get in the middle of this. i was just hoping to hear at least one side of the story directly. most people know how to clearly and concisely express their point. some do not. this seems to have fallen into the latter.

2 things have kept me from racing this year:

1) having my daughter due in august prevented travel and such.

2) i dislike being jacked around. it doesn't matter who is doing the jacking.

Quick Reply: Key West WorldsThe Truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.