Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Poker Run Feedback requested >

Poker Run Feedback requested

Notices

Poker Run Feedback requested

Old 10-12-2003, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I stated at the top, this is NOT going to be a "high priced" event. We're not going to have helicopters flying over us unless someone donates that expense. The idea is to bring this poker run back to the roots of what a poker run was. ALL ABOUT BOATERS GETTING TOGETHER AND HAVING FUN. There will be several different factors involved that will make this poker run attractive to different types of boats, of course the offshore being the main event. We want this to "ring in the race week" so to speak and we want to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation at the same time. I will guarantee you this. It will be a blast. It will be an event you will long remember. Because it will concentrate on the most important aspect, fun. People are going to have a choice to either run with a group, or run by yourselves to the chosen destinations, or just run with a couple of your buddys. This is going to be a very good time. And the time of year is perfect.

Can't wait till May? Join us on our "Silver Springs Fun Run" as listed in the thread. Come one, come all, a fun run in the fall. At the Glen we will be, swinging from the tree.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:31 PM
Registered

Cuda,
I was at Gators saw about 40 mostly Nortechs and Outerlimits...4 Spectres,Cigs,Bajas,Eliminators..Serious high $$$$$$ dollar boats including that 50 ft Nortech cat we saw at the Miami boat show,4 Engine setup.Several big Skaters too.
Old 10-12-2003, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Speed2Lead
Cuda,
I was at Gators saw about 40 mostly Nortechs and Outerlimits...4 Spectres,Cigs,Bajas,Eliminators..Serious high $$$$$$ dollar boats including that 50 ft Nortech cat we saw at the Miami boat show,4 Engine setup.Several big Skaters too.
I had completely forgotten about it yesterday, or I would have gone down to Gators to see them.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered

Deb and I shot photos of them leaving the Hyatt basin. All of the above plus several Formulas, Fountains, and I believe "Can You Hear Me Now" sporting the new "world's fastest v-bottom @ 149.7 mph" proclamation. There was definitely some hot machinery boiling that water.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Banned

There's no doubt, the PRA brings out the creme de la creme in powerboats.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:29 PM
Registered

The sound is worth "the price of admission".