Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics! >

Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Notices

Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Old 10-20-2003, 02:25 PM
MarinePerformance

To think that offshore racing needs to be rethought again due to one accident seems a bit riduculous. To criticize Jerry and Tom because of this wreck is almost as bad. They were in no different situation than Hugh and Johnny were in in Sarasota when they ran up on Reliables rooster tail, they were just less lucky and their boat went around. If you don't want to get hit in the first turn you don't have to be there. If you're a true competitor like every one of those Super Cat drivers you weigh your risks and have to make very quick decisions without the aid of any brakes. One of the first things Tom Abrams said when he returned to the pits was we'll fix the boat and go back racing. I don't know if the people on this board criticizing he and his throttleman could say the same that quickly after going through a wreck like that.

jc

Old 10-20-2003, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom has done a excellent job driving, you're racing not out there to lose. accident happen.dale earnhart had plenty of experience and he wrecked (god rest his sole)
if you don't like jerry,don't bring tom in to this.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that RELIABLE should fix BRIOSCHI boat .They ran in to them.

MIke
Old 10-20-2003, 02:31 PM
Registered

even randy scism in bacadi silver boat got on reliable roster tail in sarasota and drove out of it,high speeds **** happens
Old 10-20-2003, 02:34 PM
MarinePerformance

Thanks for correcting me outer42. I forgot it was Randy and not Johnny that did that.

jc

Old 10-20-2003, 02:35 PM
Registered

thats true racing,get back in it. your consciecence likes to blame people.like i said thats racing.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Registered

I agree with what many have said above, T2x, Marine Performance, Outer42 etc. Mr. Abrams and Mr. Gilbreath are fine gentlemen, STRONG competitors and experienced professionals. Racing is racing and unfortunately these things happen. I am first glad that everyone is okay and no one was seriously injured. My only question is regarding what appears to be a VERY tight turn from the posted pictures. Racing hard to win is what it is all about. No one is out there to just take second. However, ample room for safe racing is necessity regardless if it is close to shore for spectators or not. From the photos posted it appears that it was a narrow 90 degree left in turn one.

Last edited by Shane; 10-20-2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I too am glad that everyone walked away unscathed but go easy on the NASCAR cracks as I make my living in the sport & I am all too familiar w/ the Sanctioning Body putting the "show" (as they refer to it) first. But lets be a little more realistic, how many boats start the race, how much more room is there on the water vs a racetrack & how many races in a season?

On the flip side I'll have to agree w/ you that a Winston Cup cars goes about a $100k & is equivalent to a dinasour when compared to a an Indy or Formula 1 car not to mention an offshore cat!

PS- we don't crap them out we build them by hand from scratch, starting w/ tubing on a rack! And we are the fastest growing sport second only to the NFL.

Michael
Hendrick Motorsports
Old 10-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one can say specifically what did or didn't happen since none of us were in their boat.

Yes Randy and Hugh had a simular deal a few races back, but different hulls, different people, different power, different situation.

It was a racing accident, these things happen. Everybody is alright, now it's time to get working on some fiberglass.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:47 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

For the record.......

1. Ron P. is correct...... There needs to be a minimum straightaway length before the first turn.

2. There need to be overlap and LANE rules for turns...so you don't "eat roostertails". If hydros need em'...so do Supercats.....and Factory 1 boats for that matter. This isn't dodg'em cars. Nobody can "train" a new driver without some predictability to the conditions.

3. Jerry and Tom have done a damn good job all season... if they made a mistake..so be it....Nobody on that race course is perfect......... but I'd still question the lane conditions with that many boats in one turn at the same time.

Now YC , my conscience wants to ask a question..........

Are'nt collisions good for TV ratings...... and publicity shots????? The issue is which lord do you serve....The racer "customers"....or the sponsor "customers"?

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 10-20-2003 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.