Notices

Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Old 10-20-2003, 04:14 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by ScottB
I am not confusing bravado with common sense. T2x if we had 6 mile straitaways and someone stuffed or blew over and destroyed their boat, you know as well as I there would be a whole other bunch of people *****in about long coarses
Actually Scott....you are. The reason that canopies exist on boats today is because Mark Lavin, Dick Fullam, and others had to give their lives to convince the "raw boned manly men" that stuffing fatalities on long straightaways in rough water...could....... and should
be prevented. All of the ******'in that followed those tragedies....served a purpose.

I'm not ashamed to say that I would rather not be killed in pursuit of a trophy............most racer's wives and children feel the same way...even if some of their racers are too macho to accept that.

And........ I sure as heck wouldn't want to see any injuries or loss of life in pursuit of some marketing strategy.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 10-20-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also hope Tom stays with the sport. He's been a great addition. A lot of guys leave the sport after they have an accident like that.

Like Matt Alcone, Joe Mach, and more. It scares the chit outta ya......
Old 10-20-2003, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, looks like I've taken some heat over this whole Nascar thing.
Michael w/Hendrick:
If you truly pay 100k for a car, someone is getting hosed. Mild steel tubing welded with a wire welder? Add some sheet metal and you're done. I'm sure there is a lot of engineering and wind tunnel testing involved, but the raw materials are not exactly exotic.
NHRA Pro Stock Cars are built from carbon fiber, 400 feet of TIG welded chrome moly steel, and titanium. You can buy all you want for less than 100k. I'm sure if there was as much money involved with NHRA as nascar, the cars would be five times higher. Good or bad, don't know just stating my own completely unimportant opinion.

Back to boat racing. These big cats cost between 4-800k I suppose (don't know-never priced one).
If people were lining up to pay 15 mil+ for a season sponsorship, and a team could actually WIN some decent money, it would be worth tearing your equipment up every weekend (yes, nascar style) in order to make a profit.
That is not the case here. The point is how long will people risk their equipment when their only payback is bragging rights.

JUST ONCE: I am not a rich man either. My point was RELATIVE cost. See above. I don't have either a nascar car or a supercat in my garage

Flame away everyone.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
Jay Muller's addresse is
Muller
xx
xx
xx
I'm sure he'll take all the checks you guys wanna send. I'd bet the repairs are at least $30,000.00
He's not exactly thrilled about what happened.
It's kinda like comparing Hendrick Motorsports to Wood Brothers.
Ryan
No disrespect but this is the internet, If Jay wants his personal information posted we should let him do it. I know you intentions are genuine but theres like gazillions of people on the net.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I spoke with Jay about this thread and he really appreciates ALL the support in this undertaking from everyone involved.
Old 10-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

All I can say is that Tom is one of the nicest gentlemen I've met in this sport and I'm glad to hear that he, and everyone else, is okay after the spate of accidents. I hope everyone can make repairs and get back to racing.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

**** happens its racing!
Old 10-20-2003, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Theres one rule in racing that can never be ignored nor denied. **** HAPPENS..
Its called racing,not driving around in a circle.
Rich,while I respect your point of view as always, I have to ask you if you really think a "lanes" rule would ever be respected by the racers or even enforcable by the sanctionong body?
Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Ryan Beckley
I spoke with Jay about this thread and he really appreciates ALL the support in this undertaking from everyone involved.

Ryan ,Your 100% right ,I seen him on-line
Old 10-20-2003, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to see Brioschi carnage and I'm glad all are well. Those guys kicked major bung holes in Cambridge.

Go Jerzey Boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Brioschi/Reliable Wreck! must see pics!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.