Notices

2005 c6 corvette?

Old 11-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go to the roadrace tracks all the time for the "Friday at the track days" that all the car guys do, and the only thing that the Vipers do better than the Vettes in stock form is braking. 2K in brakes and the Vette kicks them in the a$$. Plus for the other 99.9% of the time your in them the Vette is a lot nicer ride. Plus you can almost get 2 Vettes for what one GTS Viper cost.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Registered

Drag racing is a boring redneck sport, the only fun drag race is one with a turn at the end.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally posted by robyw1
........I have a little Japanese 6-banger and a hairdryer that would take your money and throttle your Corvette back to Bowling Green leaving you to wonder what the hell you stepped in.

Laughing my ass off.......never heard of that!
Old 11-11-2003, 08:19 PM
Registered

what kind of jap 6 banger? a skyline? and yet again, 100k to run what 12's? I would rather have some Lingenfelter Vette. I am just a toothless redneck with a jegs catalog.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again I love all performance cars regardless of their origin. The Corvette is one of my very favorites as is the Viper. I don't earn enough to own a Viper and if I bought a vette I would have to give up my boat. I have to settle for a APU Supra which I have been working on for a few years now. I like it; It seems to beat anything from a roll including the fastest 1100cc bikes. There are videos out there of an APU Supra doing this. Just look up Walser Supra on an internet search. I'm not stupid enough to make videos of street racing because rumors are the owner of the Walser Supra was in trouble with the law over his videos. My problem with the Vette is that it needs a little more attention to detail. But then again so does the Viper or any American car for that matter. I hate hearing that because I'm a proud patriot and believe our manufactures should be second to none.

Roby
Old 11-11-2003, 08:44 PM
F2-34thrttleman

I almost feel childish even providing a rebuttle to these posts.

1st) yes, you do see numbers like that, a 3.9 0-60 from a 405 hp zo6(thats stock) Professional drivers? yes, but the car can do it.

2nd) yes the viper is a few ticks faster in the 1/4, but it also has a 95 hp premium to go with it, along with the $25,000.00 premium as well.

3rd) not many production cars will outperform a Z06 on the track, and the zo6 is a much easier car to drive.

4th) as stated previously, the europeans are producing large horsepower, BUt with LARGE prices as well.

5th) i dont even want to get into the japenese imports, they are as far from staock as anything can get if they are even putting up Respectable numbers. And if you are one of the few people in the US with a nissan skyline and you actually paid to get that little bastard over here, well then i feel bad for you.

also consider this, the zo6 along with the viper will outrun more than 1/2 the cars that italy's ferrari has ever produced, all the street legal cars that England's lotus produces, and most of the cars Germany's porsche produces. so if thats not competing with europe, i dont know what is.

Nick Porter
F2-34 T-man

Old 11-11-2003, 08:48 PM
MavFlyBy

What kind of Jap 6 banger with a turbo are you talking about? Corvette carries heritage and an incredibly sexy looking body. From men at 70 to guys at 20, the car appeals to a very large age group. A trip to Lingenfelter will make the Corvette one incredibly fast machine. I'm not big on Vipers because my father never liked Dodge and the Viper drivers around here are too stuck up. SRT4 is a nice car I will agree, but first year Dodge forgot to even put a limited slip up front. With the import craze, "ricers" and such I decided to get into 4x4 now. I'll buy a Corvette one day and more than one if I can afford it, but I highly doubt I'd buy a Viper. The import craze is great and all, and 1000HP Supras are really cool to see. But there aren't a TON of 700HP+ Supras out there. It's mostly 17sec Civics with some crazy body kit.

Lance

Old 11-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I do not own a Skyline. I have a APU Supra (APU meaning advanced performance upgrades) I responded to the non-stock issue when it was suggested that 10K be put into the Corvette. If my response was too harsh I'm sorry. For hopefully the final time I love the Corvette. I just stated in the beginning of this thread that I hope they don't put a weak power plant in the upcoming C6. I stated that I would like to see 500 or more HP. I was then bashed as a Corvette hater just because I wanted to see more HP and pointed that the Viper has it beat.. for now.

Take care;
Roby
Old 11-12-2003, 06:05 AM
Registered

Today audi rs 6 avant has 450 hp and this is a "socker mom car" It does 0-60 in 4,6 sec.

so I hope in deed the new corvette will take the challenge to be a real sports car and get some more juice under it`s bonnet.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 c6 corvette?-avant.jpg  
Old 11-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Registered

What "Sport Bike's" are getting beat by a Toyota car? Bike's are what I do for a living and the only ones being beat by car's are one's wiht guy's who can't ride. I have bone stock 600cc bike's and I mean stock right down to the pipe. Just lowered 2-3 inchs with a good rider running in the 9's. Getting a bike out of the hole is a lot harded than a car. From a roll from say 20-140 I don't think any street legal car has a chance against a 600cc modern sportbike. A 2003 Yamaha R1(1000cc) will do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds with a good rider. and the cars we are talking about are 4.5-5.0 second's 0-60.

Quick Reply: 2005 c6 corvette?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.