Notices

2005 c6 corvette?

Old 11-12-2003, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with SS930, I have had all kinds of sports cars and sport bikes and allot of the ones being discussed above. And none of them will come close to a 600-1100 sport bike both being stock. Nope not going to happen, its like comparing apples to oranges. Its just like boats HP to weight ratio.

WILL
Old 11-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

At 70MPH that Busa has enough power to flip up over backwards in a double tucked somersault.

I can't tell if that guy shifted down or not, but regardless, he was not on it. I will give it to you, maybe he under-estimated the Supra, but that Busa could have walked him.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

( You can PM NickSlick, and I am sure he will find video of him waxing an F-16 on his Busa. )
Old 11-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I got it to work. Do you have Media player?

Roby"

Yes I do. For some reason I just get "The page cannot be displayed" display. It must have something to do with my settings on my network. I'll have to check it out tonight at home.

Anyway I hope you see my point. There just aren't many cars period that can match a sport bike in acceleration. Just look at the numbers:
A car (we'll say a Supra) that has 1000 hp (very optimistic in streetable tune!) and weights 4100 lb. (light for a twin turbo Supra), has a power to weight ratio of 4.1:1. That's stellar! Let's look at Suzuki's 1300cc Busa. Now I don't know the exact #'s for these bikes in STOCK form but I'll bet I'm not to far off if I say 525 lb. and 180 hp. That works out to 2.9:1. That's incredible!!! Just for comparison sake, a 3500 lb. Corvette with 355 hp. works out to 9.9:1. Quite a difference.

I'm not a huge vette fan, but you can't knock the bang for the buck that todays vette offers. Look at the weight of many of these 600 hp euro cars... many weigh as much as a 3/4 ton pickup truck! I'd love to see GM make a very limited run of wicked vettes just for bragging rights, but remember production GM cars must come with a warranty (and have longevity) and an understanding that they will be docile enough for daily driving. Sure there are plenty of cars out there that can clean the vette's clock, but there few that come with the warranty, comfort, styling, and overall balance / performance that can be had in a new $50,000 car. I'd take a Viper over a vette any day for sheer performance, but once you look at the refinement and comfort the Viper isn't in the same league.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO

You guys are killing me. The poor little Supra that could can't win even with video proof. Okay I give it up. Back to boat chat.

Have a nice day
Roby
Old 11-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Old 11-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SS930
The only way in hell that any IROC or import is going to beat a busa (or any modern sport bike for that matter) is if the guy on the bike stalls it at the line! Yes, there are "drag" cars that can match these bikes in acceleration, but VERY FEW STREET DRIVEN CARS with street tires. I have a heavily modified 3.6 turbo Porsche that won't even come close to staying with these bikes after they are moving. I've driven 750 hp Porsche 935's that weight less than 2200 lbs and even these cars still cant match the acceleration of the fastest sport bikes. And yes, I've spent plenty of time and money with the guys at Turbo Performance Center to know what heavily boosted Supras will do. Please show me these IROCS and imports that will consistently run 9 second or less 1/4 mile times that are street legal daily drivers running street tires. Assuming the guy riding the bike knows what he's doing there are very few street legal cars with street legal tires that can touch these bikes in acceleration!
Street legal, not a daily driver. This car was flat out insane. My legs were to tingly afterwad to get out, I was shaking. Had DOT approved slicks.

Talked dad into going 50 50 with me on a L03 motor... Hello 10's

Last edited by HyperBaja; 11-12-2003 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

The link did not work on my computer either. So I could not tell if he was a rider or a *** that has a busa.

Bring the Supra bring the Iroc and bring alot of cash. I'll let you pick the bike from 600-1300 cc's dead stop or a 70 mph roll. A 10sec Iroc is very fast and I am sure Hyper has rode in it, but I am more sure it wont run under an 11 of a traffic light and the bike's are still in the 9's. It's not traction the bike needs it's rider.

And bring a bus ticket because I'll own every thing by the end of the night.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Curt

Originally posted by 43Thunder
Don't forget about us HP-lovin' females!
Here is another horsepower lovin female
Attached Thumbnails 2005 c6 corvette?-dcp00736.jpg  

Old 11-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Registered

I know of a "Mr. Turbo" powered 1460 cc. ZX-12, street legal, driven on trips, will idle around a national park, no problems in traffic jams, and will run 8.2/8.3 quarter mile times all day long. He's a "pro" street racer, and has made enough money to build that bike a hundred times over again. He's never lost on the street. His secret is he NEVER races in his hometown or hometown area. Trailers it around the state and out of state and "brings home the bacon".

Quick Reply: 2005 c6 corvette?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.