Notices

foutain needs to update

Old 11-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'am a nut, I think this is just all in good fun. Yes I am going to buy an OL and will be happy to give anybody here a ride Fountain owner or not. Let me ask this who built the 142 mph Fountain ? Douglas Marine? Who built the OL? OUTERLIMITS. Would it be faster if Douglas built it?
Old 11-17-2003, 09:26 AM
Registered

FOUNTAIN DID HAVE 1400 IN A BOAT AND COULDN'T GET IT TO RUN RIGHT, THIS WAS A PLEASURE BOAT RUSSEL USES ON NUMEROUS POKER RUNS AND RACED IT IN KEY WEST, REGGIE WAS A RACE BOAT WITH A RACE LAYUP. BOB BOAT WASN'T EVEN EXPOXY(WHICH IS 2000LBS LIGHTER).
LIKE SOMEONE SAID OL GOT THERE ADD DONE WE'LL SEE IF REGGIE CHANGES IT NEXT MONTH.
EVERYBODY DO A LITTLE RESEARCH AND YOU'LL SEE REGGIE HAS TRIED WITH 1400 AND ALCHOL INJECTED. GIVE CREDIT WHERE DO!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 10:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

These numbers mean almost nothing to me, How can a boat manufacture claim his boat is the fastest when the power is not the same? I would like to see boats go head to head with stock power, like in the real world. Kind of like F1 F2 boats. That would determine who the fastest hull is.

What if Ken Warby showed up with his rocket ship? Ar you going to start buying hulls from him?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are on our second outerlimits, and would not even concider anything else. You can claim that anything will run 149 w/ big power... How many manufacturers have enough faith in their product to install 1400's and still offer a lifetime hull warranty?

The truth to the matter is that our first outerlimits was a 37 center console fish boat that ran 96 mph w/ merc. 600sc's and bravo's, 500 gallons of fuel, radar arch loaded with equipment, and a weight of 13,500 pounds.

Say what you want, outerlimits are fast no matter what power you want to put in it.

Times are changing, limits are being pushed, you can either go big, or go home.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:21 AM
Curt

"Times are changing, limits are being pushed, you can either go big, or go home."

You buy an Outer Limits and you can also go broke!

Those boats are great but they might as well be the Space Shuttle because I am just as close to purchasing the next generation (non exploding) Space Shuttle as I am to an Outer Limits. They are simply out of most people's financial means.

Old 11-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Registered

CURT YOU LOOK AT ALL BOATS, A CIG WITH#6 AND 900 IN IT AT LAKE CUMBERLAND 550,000, FOUTAIN 42 WITH 500 AND BRAVOS 350,000. IF YOU BUY ANY BOAT FISHING OR ANYTHING THERE A LOT OF MONEY.IT THE # 6 AND BIG HP COST MONEY. LIKE ANIMAL HOSE SAID PLAY WITH THE BIG DOGS OR GO TO THE PORCH,BUT SERIOUSLY YOU RUN A FOUTAIN WITH 6 AND 900 AND YOU'RE OVER 500,000 ATLEAST WITH OL YOU KNOW YOU HAVE SOMEYHING AND GOOD RESALE. I'M ON MY SECOND AND MY NOW RUNS 130 AND I FEEL SAFE AS HELL IN IT AT THOSE SPEEDS. IF YOU GO BROKE WITH A OL,YOU CAN EASILY GO BROKE WITH A FOUTAIN OR CIG OR BAYLINER,ITS HOW YOU HANDLE YOUR BUSINEES(MONEY). I'LL GIVE YA RIDE ANYTIME TO SHOW YOU AND YOU'LL GET ONE. MIKE TOOK ME ON MY FIRST RIDE AFTER I WAS ON A FOUTAIN. YOU SEE WHAT I BOUGHT.
SORRY FOR THE CAPS!!!!

Last edited by outer42; 11-17-2003 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:43 AM
Curt

I can't afford a Fountain with 900's and 6's either.

Old 11-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In comparison to other high-end performance boats, the Outerlimits is closer than you think in price to it's "competion" (if they exist) A 46 Cig ROugh Rider w/ #6's and 1000 Zul's will set you back the same amount of money as a 51 outerlimits w/ 1200 Sterlings.

Hey Curt, if Mike Fiore designed the Space Shuttle, it would probably still be around.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Registered

I think both companies manufacture a great product; however, facts dont lie. And, someone please correct me if I'm wrong here, but , wasnt every dominating fountain raceboat, including the one that set the kilo record, layed up by peter hledin?

Also, as far as comparable power goes; didnt Fiore's single-step epoxy 37 w/ 525's run 96mph? DOes anyone know what a 38' fountain w/ the same power will run?

Not taking sides here. Just stating facts.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Registered

If you've ever gone 100mph. in an outerlimits, you'd know why everyone puts huge power in there boats. It just plain old boring after a while.

Quick Reply: foutain needs to update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.