UNIFICATION vs FRAGMENTATION

Notices

UNIFICATION vs FRAGMENTATION

Old 12-26-2003, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Offer of support.

Mr. Scott,

I believe it will takes a respected individual (such as yourself) to get the ball rolling. With help from SteveDavid and other positive individuals who knows, maybe this is the beginning. Should the group you are putting together or are contemplating forming decide on a race in Tampa/ St. Petersburg you can expect full support from the local OPBA (Offshore Powerboat Association). We are a 130 member/boat , offshore enthusiast organization. The past controversy has been difficult and frustrating for everyone from the Fans, Boat builders, Sponsors to Racers.

While it seems there is a way to go before our club would be needed, keep us informed.

Mike A,

The past couple of weeks I've been lurking a little and quite frankly I like your new attitude, and am not afraid to say it. Your visions are interesting and reasonable. If only this side would have prevailed over the "bull in the china shop" mentality of months past. Anyways, your job was not an easy one. And like having children (you know what I mean).... tough jobs, successful or failed temper you and make you a better man

Good luck with your future endeavors.

Happy Holidays to both your families.

Marc Granet
"Maximus"
Old 12-29-2003, 12:07 AM
rpusillo

Unification!!!
Hey guys, I just got back from windsheild hell, and started catching up. I have personally worked with John C. and have all the confidence in Mike A. that a combination of the events can occur. This past year I witnessed in person both programs and recognized the differences in the products. The issues would be complex and personal, so no one can do what they only can do. Get it on the table and hash on it. The prospects would be tremendous inlight of the new boycotters not for profit syndicate! Or the 'Outfit' as Hollywood spins it. The days are burning up here, so lets make foot prints people!

Ray

P.S. Mike A. will sponsor/promoter types be able to invest in the Professional Member program?

Old 12-29-2003, 09:35 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, David Scott...
Are there any talks concerning unification? If so, how are they going? WHo are the players involved? Who seems to be willing to talk?
In other words, are there any updates????
Old 12-29-2003, 02:58 PM
rpusillo

Old 12-29-2003, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Unification is the only way this will work!It seems we all want the same thing,but who will stand up and do it ? I think the course we are on now is not the best,but maybe we can come together and make this HOBBY of ours a viable sponsorable sport. We as racers have not benefitted from all the sponsorship deals. I think Mike A and the others OSS and SBI need to come together and make this sport what it deserves to be!!!!!