More cops that don't want to work. >

More cops that don't want to work.

Notices

More cops that don't want to work.

Old 02-24-2004, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

imagine that....

I'll stop before I get started . @#$%^*(&^%$#@&(*(&$^%^&(%(&^%*^$&*^*&())(&(^%^%$$# $$@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I recall correctly the Howard County Police department is responsible for law enforcement in Columbia (they were in 1972 anyway). The law enforcement agency certainly has a procedure for filing a complaint.

From my experience in law enforcement all complaints were investigated by the professional standards division and the complainant was notified of the result of the investigation.

I was a deputy sheriff for 11 years and I wouldn't hesitate to make a complaint about the way this was handled. It's cops like that who give all law enforcement a bad name. The investigators I worked with in Colorado would have never treated a citizen like that. It was unheard of.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I can't address the situation that happened with your friend's truck, because it would not have happened that way with my dept.
Whenever there is a possibility of getting fingerprints off a stolen vehicle, our Auto Theft unit has our Crime Lab techs go to the impound lot and dust the vehicle.

That does not mean that every vehicle gets printed though. Many vehicles that are stolen are to dirty to get prints off of. This does not sound like the case with your freind's truck. Its not as easy as you see on TV. Also just because you find prints in/on the vehicle, won't prove someone guilty. It does give the investigators a place to start building a case.

Our law reads that in a theft, the intent is to permanently deprive a person of there property. If you get the property back, it's hard to prove this intent.
Generally we charge peoploe with Theft by Receiving aka Receiving stolen property. Its a lesser offense, but easier to prove. It states that the person knew or should have known the property he was in possession of was stolen.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send the info to the County Attorney.
I would think with elections coming soon people may not want bad raps on the record
Old 02-24-2004, 06:53 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Lapse, he should speak with the Howard County States Attorney's Office (410) 313-2108. There is also a "Victim/Witness Assistance Unit" (410) 313-3153. The State's Attorney is responsible for prosecuting crimes. I bet that if your buddy gives them the info, they could pursue the matter independent of the police, or at least exert some pressure on them to do their job.

If you friend is moving and needs a new job, I have a dear friend that does job placement for individuals with high security clearances. His clients are all of the major defense contractors. PM me if you want contact info for your friend.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 02-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My parents Monte SS was stolen from their garage while they were in FL in Dec. My wife and I had to deal with it, and it was similar to this. They feel that if they find the car, they're pretty much done. Communication with cops (at least around here (Benton Harbor, you may have seen them on the news from the riots) suck. You'd think they knew how to use a phone and could follow up on stuff, but they expect you to stay on them to do their jobs. My wife called once and got "oh yeah, I was supposed to do something about that wasn't I?"

Bottom line, if that happens to me. I'll hire a lawyer just to bug the piss out of the local law enforcement. Call them. Every 30 minutes.

The frustrating thing is, the perp in this case was 16. He'll get a slap on the wrist and he'll be out. He's out on the streets already and has 6 priors. Great f-ing system.

Vent and get over it. It costs responsible people a lot of time and money to have things stolen. That's all there is to it. My time is more valuable than that 16 years old ever will be.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Registered

No matter what way they took it don't you think they should have looked at the picture's? When my friend tried to hand them the pictures they wouldn't even take a look. They could be wanted men and they wouldn't even look, thats what really burns my a$$.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Virginia Police............................ Says it all does it not.................. !!!!!!!!!!! A whole Chit load 'O' clowns....................
Old 02-24-2004, 07:04 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
Lapse, he should speak with the Howard County States Attorney's Office (410) 313-2108. There is also a "Victim/Witness Assistance Unit" (410) 313-3153. The State's Attorney is responsible for prosecuting crimes. I bet that if your buddy gives them the info, they could pursue the matter independent of the police, or at least exert some pressure on them to do their job.

If you friend is moving and needs a new job, I have a dear friend that does job placement for individuals with high security clearances. His clients are all of the major defense contractors. PM me if you want contact info for your friend.
They are going to let him work from home most of the time and go into their Dulles office when he has to go in. 99% of what he does is on a computer then they test it on a model. But I still don't know what he does, he is a Thermal Engineer. So he's big on heat transfer.

You don't do anything with taxes do ya.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:12 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

I pay taxes. Does that count?

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Quick Reply: More cops that don't want to work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.