Notices

Bolster tie down bolts

Old 03-12-2004, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MitchStellin
I forgot about Duct Tape of Bungy Cords. Maybe super glue? Of a big fat chick to hold them down.
YEAH! FAT chicks are cool! They do ANYTHING you want too! NOT that I know from experience or anything.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Shane
YEAH! FAT chicks are cool! They do ANYTHING you want too! NOT that I know from experience or anything.
Yeah, but you have to bring them along in even numbers, otherwise your boat rides like this \
Old 03-12-2004, 11:14 AM
T-N-T Sales

Try a product called the toggler http://www.toggler.com/newproducts.html
It is available at Home depot and most marine stores. You slide it thru a 1/2' hole and it has tywrap style holders to keep it in place. I gives you a stainless steel treaded backing plate in a blind hole. We used to use these to fix the old style Cigarette bolsters.

Old 03-12-2004, 11:33 AM
Registered

Originally posted by rchevelle71
Yeah, but you have to bring them along in even numbers, otherwise your boat rides like this \
LOL!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Shane
LOL!
true story, my girlfriend is a school teacher, some of her friends(co workers) are a little, lets say hefty, well one day she was going to invite a certain one along, when she told me this, I said fine, but you have to invite this cetain other one. Why??? she asks, I tell her trust me, you wont understand, its just the laws of physics. Every time she wants to invite a friend now, she asks why cant one come with the other??? Well lets just say none of them have ever come along, I just make faces when she asks, and she gets the hint, nothin against fat people, but my boat is ugly enough, all I need is a couple of heffers hangin on the back to really set it off!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered

T-N-T
I just found that website. I think Im going to give them a try.

As for the fat chicks, its been such a long standing rule that I even removed the stickers, they all know "NO FAT CHICKS!"
Old 03-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Registered

I know drilling a six inch hole is scarry but if I had a boat where I could not see what was below the cockpit I would be making one day one. You never know what might be down there, snakes, mice, maybe drugs from the previous owner, maybe a cat, maybe water, maybe cash from a pirate. Inquiring minds want to know. They make nice covers that look stock and are cheap. Plus you can hide the above mentioned stuff there if needed. When the CG comes up, dump the beer down the hole. You could put returnables there also and listen to then rattle like the tag on my truck when I listen to Speakerbox.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts

I had one stripped out on the bottom side of the bolster and I used a large drywall anchor (Plastic insert) Worked for one, but not sure how it would do for all of them.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

I like to use 3/8'' aluminum flat bar. Drill and tap the holes go with the access port. Other wise you will be wasting your time.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Registered

The "toggler" system looks like a winner!!

Jim

Quick Reply: Bolster tie down bolts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.