National Anthem Booed in canada >

National Anthem Booed in canada

Notices

National Anthem Booed in canada

Old 04-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Canada Jeff
padraig, I have experienced the same Anti Canadain attitude in your country. But I don't judge all by the voice of a few.

And for the rest of the posts that just want to post insults, GROW UP!
Jeff,

I will grant you that there are Americans who view themselves as holier than thou. I do the same thing to them regardless of who they are...tell 'em to phuck off. Living on Lake George we see alot of Canadian visitors to our area. The lack of respect for our area, our people, our beautiful land and our country is sickening. This is 99% from Quebecois. Canadians from other provinces, such as Ontario are by and large very nice people and we enjoy their company immensely. Like I said earlier, we made some great friends snowmobiling in Quebec and they too are very upset with this anti-America mind set. Please don't think we as Americans see your country that way. I think it is more like Quebec.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Registered

I agree on the Quebec issue. I have traveled in Canada quite a bit and by and large the people in Quebec are the most unfriendly. I have enjoyed traveling there however and will be in Quebec city in September. While I have met some great people from Quebec...by and large...St. Catherine St. was the best thing there

Most of the people I have met in Ontario really DID NOT like Quebec.

In British Columbia the people are just like Seattle or Portland...hell it seems like an extension of the states.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:40 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Thanks Clearcut3, I am from B.C. ! I guess that explains it. <gg>
Old 04-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally posted by CBR
Thanks Clearcut3, I am from B.C. ! I guess that explains it. <gg>
Cool...what part?

Last week i was in Vancouver, Surrey, Nanaimo, Campbell River, and Vernon. Pretty much everywhere except Prince George . Vancouver Island is a beautiful place to visit here is a pic....What a view...that is the pacific ocean in the distance
Attached Thumbnails National Anthem Booed in canada-p1010040.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Canada Jeff
Agree with TX2, he nailed it. Quebec acts like its not part of Canada, so I erge others to treat them like they not! I know I do.

I also know how much my niegbors to the south love to bash us. Every member here just jumps right on the band wagon with the 'eh' jokes, and the 'eskimo' jokes. Getting little bored of all really. If your gonna throw a dig at a nation, try to be original and keep it clean.

With out drawing this out, or inviting insults, our government is in the middle of a change with our new PM. But the US media loves to keep anything good from us up here, away from the US ear. These is just my observations.

P.S. not proud of Quebec! And thats the only place this happens, keep that in mind!

Lets see if Boston has the class not to boo us.
First, I hope that Boston does have enough class not too boo. Actually, the best thing would be to cheer the Anthem. This would show how ignorant and disrespectful the people who booed in Canada really are.

Second, I was not trying to generalize all Canadians as scumbags. Don't get me wrong here, I still think the people that did boo are scumbags!! There are good and bad in every nationality, race, creed, religion, etc. There are plenty of Americans who don't deserve the right to breathe as far as I'm concerned. It was not my intention to insult any members (GLH, Canada Jeff, etc) who do not feel that way. If I did offend you I apologize. I have changed my first post to clear this up. Again, I hope Bruins fans do not boo the Canadian Anthem at the next home game.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Registered

Its mostly those FRENCHY canadians and we no what they are good for NOTHING! Well they are good at GIVING UP!
Old 04-13-2004, 11:00 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

So....In conclusion:

1. Most Canadians are decent, good, enjoyable people

2. The fans at Montreal were most likely American Liberals, Al Qaeda members, and Francophiles.

3. Molson is not universally loved

4. Eskimo jokes are tiresome

5. "Eh" jokes are tiresome.........eh?

6. U.S. citizens are quick to react to booing of the National anthem at a hockey game....but happily tune in to CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC et al and listen to commentators explain how all of the World's problems come from the U.S. ...or at least Condoleesa Rice.

7. The boat pictured below...is Canadian

8. Vancouver and environs is some of the most beautiful country on earth.

9. There is not much going on in the world of performance boating so this thread somehow endures.

10. The APBA LLC is an active Al Qaeda cell.

That about does it.

T2x............... Did I miss anything?
Attached Thumbnails National Anthem Booed in canada-ms-super-ii.jpg  
Old 04-13-2004, 11:03 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by new29ol
Its mostly those FRENCHY canadians and we no what they are good for NOTHING! Well they are good at GIVING UP!
I think you are confusing them with the Iraqi royal guard.

By the way.......... do you have spell check yet in Okaloma?

T2x
Old 04-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Impulsive ,as a Canadian I make no excuses for bad behavior. What was done was in poor taste. But let us set the record straight the first country to boo another's anthem was the Good old USA I believe last year at a hockey game. In addition to which at one of the world series game the US home team flew the Canadian flag upside down. So when you live in a glass house it is not usually a good idea to throw stones as it appears both countries citizens are capable of displaying bad taste. Most Canadians have nothing but the highest regard for our neighbors to the south . So it would unfortunate to judge a whole country by the misguided actions of a few .

Just my 2 cents .

Rick G.
Old 04-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

T2x, don't forget the moosecock!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.