Protection against speeding tickets >

Protection against speeding tickets

Notices

Protection against speeding tickets

Old 04-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Found a blinder on Ebay, what do they typically sell for installed?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:22 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Most state and ours have a gradual fine system;

Here in Vermont the fines are at a certain level from 0-15mph over the speed limit, then they go up from 16 to...mph.

I have found most state are like that and if you stay at the outer rim of the first fine level you will NEVER get a ticket on the highway. I know NH and NY are exactly the same.

I always drive on cruise control at 79 MPH and have not gotten a ticket in three years.
Driving a truck or an SUV helps back in my "Porsches-Corvette" days they were all over me deservedly so.

Also get a few "State Trooper" or "Policeman Brotherhood" support sticker by giving a few $100 bucks to the local chapters it beats the crap out of any Radar Detectors. When you get stopped make sure they are on the driver side back window or thru it, so the officer sees them, and NEVER mention it, I have gotten the "Be careful Mr. Harvie" instead of a ticket about 15 times in the last 5 years, I also readily admit to them what I was doing wrong the "I couldn't of been going that fast" crap is trounced on these guys every other minute. On the other hand a Radar detector will kill you with these guys.

In the end if you feel like beating on something for pleasure, I found beating my boat or myself has less damaging consequence than my car with law enforcements and it feels just as good.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Found a blinder on Ebay, what do they typically sell for installed?
Well the power of OSO has worked against me... there were several of these on ebay yesterday including a couple of "buy it now" items. Looks like OSO bought them now! Oh well, I'll wait until this dies then go back to ebay otherwise I know I'll be biding against 100 OSO members.

Also, the model you linked to (M10) is an old model, the newer one is the (M20) and from what I understand the M30 is coming out very soon. I don't know the differences.

BTW, these are not plug and play. They do require some custom fab work for mounting in your grill (the grill may need to be notched as well).

Last edited by SS930; 04-20-2004 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-20-2004, 06:47 AM
Registered

More CB questions...
How well do the hand-held models work? This would be ideal for me, but I don't want to waste the $ if I'll only receive transmissions from 1/2 mile out. Can a regular antenna be plugged into them to extend their range?

Since I don't care about transmitting (only receiving) the wattage output doesn't matter for me, does it?

What is the optimum size antenna for reception... is longer better (keep it clean guys)?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally posted by robyw1
The only thing that I hate about it is that the laser warning goes off if I'm behind a new Trail Blazer or other same make GMC. It happens only when they apply their brakes. Any other V1 owners have this problem?
Yep.
Old 04-20-2004, 07:55 AM
Registered

Bad - Don't waste your money! The hand-helds have no range. You need a regular unit and antenna and if you go to a truck stop they sell devices that make them WAY more powerful. I don't know how legal they are but they give you crazy range!

Originally posted by SS930
More CB questions...
How well do the hand-held models work? This would be ideal for me, but I don't want to waste the $ if I'll only receive transmissions from 1/2 mile out. Can a regular antenna be plugged into them to extend their range?

Since I don't care about transmitting (only receiving) the wattage output doesn't matter for me, does it?

What is the optimum size antenna for reception... is longer better (keep it clean guys)?
Old 04-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

Originally posted by JROMY
Bad - Don't waste your money! The hand-helds have no range. You need a regular unit and antenna and if you go to a truck stop they sell devices that make them WAY more powerful. I don't know how legal they are but they give you crazy range!
Crazy range for transmitting or for receiving? Or both? And do they work with all CB's or just certain types?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:02 AM
Registered

There is another way to think about speeding.

We know that a cop will not give a ticket to a cop. You don't want to tell a cop you are a cop after getting pulled over, that would be bad. The next best thing is close family or someone who does something for cops in their personal of bussiness life. I won't give up my BS line but think a little and you should be able to come up with something. Try to keep it close to the truth and your real life and or job and you should be fine in most cases.

I gave up electronic help 20 years ago because I got tired of slowing down. In most case cops let most cars go and only grab the unlucky ones. If you do get caught be polite and respectfull and prepared. I do 80mph, hour long runs everyday and while I get pulled over every few years I have not got a ticket in 20 years.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Hello officer, I'm Freddy from Freddy's Donut Hut.

No offense there Troutly
Old 04-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally posted by SS930
Crazy range for transmitting or for receiving? Or both? And do they work with all CB's or just certain types?
All my friends in North Carolina have these setups and use them for deer hunting. Extra power mike and power box are what they call the attachments and as far as I know they work on any cb but they give great range for transmitting and receiving. I know the truck stops in NC sell this stuff, and I'm guessing that the ones around here do too, but I'm not positive.

Quick Reply: Protection against speeding tickets

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.